Any plans for DigiTrekker support?

Started by GeorgeDoesStuff, December 15, 2021, 02:56:13

Previous topic - Next topic

GeorgeDoesStuff

Do you have any plans for DigiTrekker support? Because I was about to make an issue on the issue tracker for DigiTrekker file format support.

Anyways, I make a zip folder with two DigiTrekker files and the format documentation. Apparently, the format uses cascading chunks, "which means that some chunks are built
up by chunks again." The format is also IFF-based.

Saga Musix

I had a look into this format a while ago and the problem is
- The (IIRC) two files that comes with the tracker are pretty much the only DigiTrekker files in existence as it seems
- Those files make use of some DigiTrekker effect commands that wouldn't be easily translatable to OpenMPT. If there are lots of files in a format it may be okay to not properly emulate some effects, but if all known existing files of a format don't play correctly due to that, it makes little sense to support it.

That said, I did finish the loader code but as mentioned, it will not play the files correctly due to missing effect support.
» No support, bug reports, feature requests via private messages - they will not be answered. Use the forums and the issue tracker so that everyone can benefit from your post.