Some letters are "corrupted"

Started by Metro28, December 07, 2021, 14:10:38

Previous topic - Next topic

Metro28

I don't know if this is a bug, but some letters like "ä, ö, etc", it shows incorrectly, in XMPlay it shows them correctly. If I did the module with OpenMPT, this does not happen, but if it is made with different trackers, this does happen (example: lennn_8-.xm, _cyclo_.xm, etc). Could it be that the tracker in which they were created did not support these types of letters?

manx

This works in libopenmpt.

I have not touched charset handling in quite a while, so I do not remember if this is currently yet supposed to work correctly in the tracker. I'll have a look.

But basically, any kind of such character encoding mess is this single issue: https://bugs.openmpt.org/view.php?id=569, which, when addressed properly, should solve all of them.

manx

Quote from: manx on December 07, 2021, 14:36:49
I have not touched charset handling in quite a while, so I do not remember if this is currently yet supposed to work correctly in the tracker. I'll have a look.

Yeah, this is broken and as I see it is not really solvable without addressing the mentioned bug report as a whole, because fixing it "the quick way" will offer proper compatibility with the original tracker, **BUT** will also break compatibility with earlier OpenMPT.