Is this a bug? What am I doing wrong?

Started by Polaris911, November 29, 2021, 02:44:38

Previous topic - Next topic

Polaris911

When selecting a bunch of empty rows, but there is a PCs command, if I summon the Parameter Editor (ALT + B) and start drawing, instead of writing more PCs commands, sometimes it will write Zxx macro commands. I've also had vice versa happen (I select Zxx macro rows, but when I draw on the parameter Editor, it writes PCs commands). If I select rows, and the first row has a PCs command, Parameter Editor knows I want more PCs commands. It's a minor thing, but sometimes I don't realize it's happening right away. I am using version 1.29.11.00.

Demonstration video (3.5 MB): https://dreamsneverdie.com/parameter_editor.mp4

Saga Musix

Strictly speaking it's working as designed; yes, the parameter editor only switches into PC events mode when the first row is a PC event; which makes sense if normal effects and PC events are mixed in the selection, but when there's only a PC event and nothing else it probably makes sense to still switch into PC event mode.
» No support, bug reports, feature requests via private messages - they will not be answered. Use the forums and the issue tracker so that everyone can benefit from your post.

Saga Musix

I've changed this behaviour for the next version so if the selection contains a PC event anywhere but no other effects, it will also go into PC event mode.
» No support, bug reports, feature requests via private messages - they will not be answered. Use the forums and the issue tracker so that everyone can benefit from your post.

Polaris911