Community > General Chatter

My "tracker".

(1/4) > >>

Metro28:
I have in mind a tracker, called "MetroTracker", which will be based on Schism Tracker

I'll leave this project until I at least know how to compile a big project.

The tracker will have an official MM (MetroModule) format, which will have the same limits as OpenMPT; adding some other options that OpenMPT has (plugins, pattern names, channel names, etc.)

I tried to compile a project but never could.

I will try to make this tracker support most possible formats. (Around more than 40 different formats)

Well I hope I get lucky with this thing considered a "tracker" and that it will be called "MetroTracker".

I don't think I will achieve this dream but I will try.

Exhale:
well it certainly pays to have ambition, but that is nothing without the persistence to make it happen. We all have dreams... I dream of a modplug tracker with visualised samples in the patterns... if I ever learn to program I will try add that to modplug, but I am too much of a dreamer, and I cant focus enough to learn programming. I make art and music, but trying to lean an actual functional programming language always makes me want to die as soon as I get to 'hello world'

Vojvodinosaurus:

--- Quote from: Exhale on September 11, 2021, 07:12:17 ---I make art and music, but trying to lean an actual functional programming language always makes me want to die as soon as I get to 'hello world'

--- End quote ---

that happens to me too :\

Saga Musix:
I suggest you start small, then the disappointment later will also be smaller. What makes you think that writing a tracker supporting 40 different formats (which is far from "most" possible formats that you could technically implement) and having the same features as MPTM "but just with a different" name would be a good first tracker project to work on? Start with the basics, not a fully- fledged product. OpenMPT is more than 20 years in the making, it's simply completely unreasonable to think that your first personal tracker project should have similar complexity.

Metro28:

--- Quote from: Saga Musix on September 11, 2021, 22:46:22 ---I suggest you start small, then the disappointment later will also be smaller. What makes you think that writing a tracker supporting 40 different formats (which is far from "most" possible formats that you could technically implement) and having the same features as MPTM "but just with a different" name would be a good first tracker project to work on? Start with the basics, not a fully- fledged product. OpenMPT is more than 20 years in the making, it's simply completely unreasonable to think that your first personal tracker project should have similar complexity.

--- End quote ---
NO NO AH NOO D: *has a heart attack and proceeds to die* The idea is that with the updates, I have big changes, it is obvious that my "project" may take a long time to do and that it does not end as intended.

What I want with this tracker is to create your own format (MM) and compress that format as much as possible.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version