Edit samples with...

Started by Metro28, September 07, 2021, 00:48:53

Previous topic - Next topic

Metro28

Is it real to edit samples with the "Scream Tracker 3" style trackers? (Impulse Tracker, Schism Tracker, ChibiTracker, etc.)
They told me it couldn't be done, but I didn't really understand the answer.

I feel like going to the bathroom :P

Exhale

Some trackers offer basic sample editing, but generally people use a different bit of software to edit the samples

Vojvodinosaurus

for editing and creating samples your best bet would be using audacity (older than version 3) with nyquist and ladspa plugins as there are helluva lot of them plus you can add vst effects
here i found an article about plugins you can use in audacity: https://www.audacityteam.org/download/plug-ins/
!IMPORTANT!
You are allowed to remix my songs ONLY in TRANCE/GOA/PSYTRANCE GENRE and NO Trap HiHat Rolls PLEASE
My stuff: https://alonetone.com/vojvodinosaurus

Saga Musix

Quote from: Metro28 on September 07, 2021, 00:48:53
You said you have all those trackers, why don't you try it yourself? Then you will understand why it was said that you cannot edit samples with Scream Tracker. There are very basic editing functionalities in IT (and probably Chibi) but it can hardly be called sample editing.
» No support, bug reports, feature requests via private messages - they will not be answered. Use the forums and the issue tracker so that everyone can benefit from your post.

Metro28

Quote from: Saga Musix on September 07, 2021, 07:33:49
Quote from: Metro28 on September 07, 2021, 00:48:53
You said you have all those trackers, why don't you try it yourself? Then you will understand why it was said that you cannot edit samples with Scream Tracker. There are very basic editing functionalities in IT (and probably Chibi) but it can hardly be called sample editing.
Since I couldn't find how to edit samples, I decided to ask.