[Electronica] The Road Ahead (MPTM,MP3)

Started by cubaxd, September 06, 2021, 17:55:42

Previous topic - Next topic

cubaxd

Started this track last year, and it's WIP until I find out why on some occasions the bass is amplifying the bass drum. There must be a way to somehow keep them apart and make them stop interfering with each other. But then, it's just for fun anyway.

MP3 (8M)
MPTM (820k)

Vojvodinosaurus

cool! sounds like part of a soundtrack of a n64 game remastered/remade for psp, dunno why
!IMPORTANT!
You are allowed to remix my songs ONLY in TRANCE/GOA/PSYTRANCE GENRE and NO Trap HiHat Rolls PLEASE
My stuff: https://alonetone.com/vojvodinosaurus

cubaxd

Me neither. I own a PSP but never had heard my song in there ;). Thanks for the listen.

Saga Musix

Quote from: cubaxd on September 06, 2021, 17:55:42
Started this track last year, and it's WIP until I find out why on some occasions the bass is amplifying the bass drum. There must be a way to somehow keep them apart and make them stop interfering with each other.
Generally it's a good idea to keep the times at which low bass sounds and bass drum play separate because they share the same frequency range, so they may indeed cancel each other out or even amplify each other. As you say it only happens sometimes, it will always be those notes where the frequencies of the bass drum and bass are close to each other. You could remedy this by applying a bit of a "fake" sidechain compression, something like this (kick on the left, bass on the right):
ModPlug Tracker MPT
|C-609......|G-410v20DA0

You will lose a bit of the attack sound of the bass instrument but it could help with resolving the frequency conflicts.
» No support, bug reports, feature requests via private messages - they will not be answered. Use the forums and the issue tracker so that everyone can benefit from your post.