(trance house) dream of peace (it) re-release from 2010

Started by Exhale, January 19, 2024, 14:17:20

Previous topic - Next topic

Exhale

I decided to re-release this tune, with some hard work tweaking the code and samples until they sound as good as the original at a fraction of the original size and without any vsts, big reliance on directx plugins. Enjoy.
Download attached.

EDIT, i replayed this mix this evening and the sample volume level was at 255! It was clipping insanely hardcore... checked my zip, it is the same in there, i literally thought something had gone wrong in the levels because of an update but somehow 255 is the volume the samples were on in the file... i will upload a second zip... tell me if anyone else has been getting this problem please idk what the hell happened 😅
if you have the 255 sample volume in your download, please grab the second download, it most certainly isnt supposed to be that volume!

n0cturn

A pattern length of 512 lines... are you mad? I get lost with the standard 64

Exhale

Quote from: n0cturn on January 19, 2024, 20:14:54A pattern length of 512 lines... are you mad? I get lost with the standard 64
More like 256 with the fidelity that tune is... but hah, yeah maybe.
I have done patterns of 1024 before 😘
Think of it as 132.5 bpm instead of the 265 with a little bit of extra coding space. It was common to give youself extra fidelity with fast tracker xms if i remember correctly. You get extra breathing room for more code. So i took the logical next step of bigger patterns too in this case.
Makes for smoother zxx slides. If i remember correctly, i also relied heavily on the effect visualization tool to draw my filter curves in this tune which will be a bit lost in this version because i cut the code down heavilty to the bare essentials... yup just checked and you can see the telltale fidgety curve of hand drawn lines if you visualise the gated strings  effect on pattern 9 for example. Not lost at all. But no i didnt rely heavily on it... looks like i drew one and used it a bunch of places and then the rest are straight line filter slides.

herodotas

Hello Exhale,
why you abandon your youtube channel, you had some good vibes on it?
life is darker than it seems

Exhale

Quote from: herodotas on January 19, 2024, 22:58:36Hello Exhale,
why you abandon your youtube channel, you had some good vibes on it?
Not abandoned... on hiatus is probably the best way to put it... i do not have internet, i am on data for a time, that is the other reason i have been making smaller tunes for upload here.

I am glad it was enjoyed for the time i was able to upload there.

(Edit) So i am gonna post something tonight. Just me on the piano, but something nonetheless. I think i have a decent compression system set up on my handbrake, so i think i will be posting more on youtube again in general. Thanks for the positive feedback, you got me motivated to make a plan.
Aaand now i am gonna post dream of peace as a vid there too... 40 meg file screen recording... but i do have a better system for data now so i can afford that

Vojvodinosaurus

Wow... this is so ecstatic, i hope you keep making more songs like this  ;D
!IMPORTANT!
You are allowed to remix my songs ONLY in TRANCE/GOA/PSYTRANCE GENRE and NO Trap HiHat Rolls PLEASE
My stuff: https://alonetone.com/vojvodinosaurus

Saint BIT

Uploaded it on my chan Blue J, which is about all things how they used to be:

https://youtu.be/_8PtfmbJT5k
𝘊𝘶 𝘩𝘢𝘴 𝘕𝘰 𝘚𝘦𝘤𝘰𝘯𝘥.

Exhale

Quote from: Saint-Bit on February 01, 2024, 17:52:16Uploaded it on my chan Blue J, which is about all things how they used to be:

https://youtu.be/_8PtfmbJT5k
Thanks for the positive feedback, I gave it a like and left a comment for enguagement.