I found a lost TJ Technoiz song!

Started by Stardown, November 05, 2017, 09:39:53

Previous topic - Next topic

Stardown

You may or may not have heard of the Russian chiptune composer known as TJ Technoiz. He composed modules in XM and IT formats from as early as 1998. Unfortunately, he died in a car accident in 2008.

While most of his modules are available at Exotica, there are still some that are missing. Well, I managed to find one! It's called "N2L", and you can listen to it on SoundCloud!

https://m.soundcloud.com/lyzzard/n2l

It is a beautiful song composed by both TJ Technoiz and fellow CornerCut tracker Lyzzard. That explains it attribution to Lyzzard in the link.

Now, according to the below link, this song is listed as "unreleased" or "beta". Which is a shame, because I really want the module for it.

https://m.vk.com/topic-4614148_16564021

There are several other TJ Technoiz songs which don't have modules readily available, so if anyone could find them and post them here, that would be great. Enjoy the music!

Saga Musix

Well, I guess at this point finding them would be difficult, but maybe you can ask lyzzard if he has the module and is willing to share? (maybe you just did that on vk but I cannot read Russian ;)). He definitely did some very cool stuff in ModPlug in the past though, and it's a shame he had to pass away so early. "shorecrest pilgrimage" is a masterpiece.
» No support, bug reports, feature requests via private messages - they will not be answered. Use the forums and the issue tracker so that everyone can benefit from your post.

Stardown

I just contacted Vibe, who knew TJ Technoiz, and he sent me every module Technoiz ever composed; however, N2L is in MP3 format. I'm right now uploading them to The Mod Archive.

Lyzzard

Hey all, thank you so much for the kind words!

N2L was his only song done in FL Studio right between "shorecrest pilgrimage" and his accident — I had made the ambient version linked up there as a tribute to his would-be 20th birthday later same year.

"shorecrest pilgrimage" is my absolute favorite, and getting a request from him to do the FX on it was the biggest honor one could receive, and a memory I've cherished ever since.

Saga Musix

» No support, bug reports, feature requests via private messages - they will not be answered. Use the forums and the issue tracker so that everyone can benefit from your post.