Author Topic: Am i allowed to post remixes in General Chatter?  (Read 520 times)

Offline Vojvodinosaurus

• Active artist
  • az én zeném, az én büszkeségem
  • Operating System: Windows, duh
Am i allowed to post remixes in General Chatter?
« on: July 25, 2021, 19:10:12 »
I was just wondering if i could upload remixes of both mainstream and underground artists in this section if i didn't ask for permission. I'm kinda afraid it may not be allowed, especially if it's a famous and/or mainstream artist. A friend of mine says my remixes are good so thats another reason why i wanna post exactly here.
Also, will those artists sue me if they visit this forum and find out i uploaded remixes of their songs without permission? I mean i kinda consider the OpenMPT forum to be underground per se

Offline Saga Musix

• OpenMPT Developers
  • aka Jojo
    • Download music, samples, VST plugins: Saga Musix Website
  • Operating System: Windows 10 x64
Re: Am i allowed to post remixes in General Chatter?
« Reply #1 on: July 25, 2021, 20:45:55 »
You may post remixes just like any of your other creations. In the end, you are just posting a link to a file hosted somewhere else and you're responsible for that. In theory you would probably need to ask the authors of commercial tracks for permission but who does that...
» No support, bug reports, feature requests via private messages - they will not be answered. Use the forums and the issue tracker so that everyone can benefit from your post.