Short introduction

Started by Vojvodinosaurus, July 13, 2021, 18:49:40

Previous topic - Next topic

Vojvodinosaurus

Hello deer users of OpenMPT!

Ive been using this cool program for about a year and made about a dozen of songs. However im pretty busy with other stuff so i might not regularly upload songs or even be active on forum, i hope you don't mind. I seem to have some issues with the program from time to time but in general it's an awesome and powerful little piece of software.
!IMPORTANT!
You are allowed to remix my songs ONLY in TRANCE/GOA/PSYTRANCE GENRE and NO Trap HiHat Rolls PLEASE
My stuff: https://alonetone.com/vojvodinosaurus

Saga Musix

Hello and welcome to the forums. Please don't be disappointed if you don't receive instant feedback on your songs - many people share but few people comment. I think commenting on other people's tracks can encourage them to actually look at your stuff too.

And last but not least - if you find any issues with OpenMPT, please report them on our issue tracker - everyone is using OpenMPT differently so it is very well possible that there are problems that we are simply not aware of. If you don't tell us, they might never get fixed.
» No support, bug reports, feature requests via private messages - they will not be answered. Use the forums and the issue tracker so that everyone can benefit from your post.

Exhale

Hello and welcome to the forums :)
You are definately welcome to be as active or inactive as you want to be, I am sure there are plenty of people who simply lurk on here and never post or rarely do so. I am glad you like the software, it is my personal favorite bit of software I have been using for years, and people like Saga who have done a lot of the real work under the hood who hang out around here certainly do deserve to hear the love for the software they adopted and kept running (modplug was once its own thing without the Open source) all these years is always growing.

Vojvodinosaurus

Thing is i also use lmms sometimes but i currently stick with openmpt as it is much more intuitive and convenient despite being more limited
!IMPORTANT!
You are allowed to remix my songs ONLY in TRANCE/GOA/PSYTRANCE GENRE and NO Trap HiHat Rolls PLEASE
My stuff: https://alonetone.com/vojvodinosaurus

Saga Musix

That's also fine - There's no need to funnel all your creativity into a single tool, even if some people may want you to believe that. The great thing about having so many different tools around is that you can choose whatever is most suitable for what you want to achieve, and I'm not so delusional to claim that OpenMPT would be that one tool for every purpose. ;)
» No support, bug reports, feature requests via private messages - they will not be answered. Use the forums and the issue tracker so that everyone can benefit from your post.

ida

Quote from: Vojvodinosaurus on July 13, 2021, 18:49:40
Hello deer users of OpenMPT!

finally, the recognition i deserve