sfz Samples not loading correctly

Started by nevermind12, July 09, 2021, 23:10:23

Previous topic - Next topic

nevermind12

So, there's this sfz sample I'm trying to import, but it won't import correctly. it's from the super mario world soundfont, I used sforzando to convert it, and uploaded all the other samples from that same soundfont just fine. However, the percussion isn't loading correctly and I'm not sure why. pretty much what's happening is that every pitch under octave 3 just doesn't make a sound despite it being supposed to (I tested it in sforzando and it's supposed to be audible from octave 2). And help/reasons as to why this is going on would be appreciated!

Saga Musix

I cannot tell you without seeing the file itself.
» No support, bug reports, feature requests via private messages - they will not be answered. Use the forums and the issue tracker so that everyone can benefit from your post.

nevermind12

Okay, here's the file. i had to zip it because I can't directly upload sfz files here

Saga Musix

I don't see any notes being assigned to a key lower than 36 (which is C-3 in OpenMPT). Can you point out an SFZ player that plays any notes below C-3 with that soundfont?
» No support, bug reports, feature requests via private messages - they will not be answered. Use the forums and the issue tracker so that everyone can benefit from your post.

nevermind12

I use sforzando, and it does play notes under C3. At least now I know that it seems to be exporting it wrong, and not OpenMPT's fault

Saga Musix

For the record, I tried loading the SFZ in sforzando now and I can confirm once more that there are no notes mapped below C-3 (as you can see in the attached screenshot, those notes are greyed out and thus not mapped to any region). It can very well be that sforzando's SF2 to SFZ conversion is lossy and didn't preserve all regions when saving the actual SFZ file.