Shortcuts

Started by Bleetz, July 06, 2021, 18:32:35

Previous topic - Next topic

Bleetz

Sorry if this is stupid question, but is there a way of muting channels on the fly using number keys like you could on Octamed?

Saga Musix

There is a shortcut for muting the channel that the cursor is currently positioned on (also works with a selection spanning multiple channels), but no shortcuts for muting specific channels - as OpenMPT supports many more channels than OctaMED, that approach simply wouldn't work (you could only apply it to the first 10 channels assuming that you have something like Ctrl+Number keys for muting, making it pretty useless in the general case).
» No support, bug reports, feature requests via private messages - they will not be answered. Use the forums and the issue tracker so that everyone can benefit from your post.

peterpiper0815

I just a thought about a 'workaround'

MIDI Device (keyboard or pad controler) into MIDI Interface
PureData patch to transform a range of NoteOn (lets say C3-C5) into CC Messages
Send this CC via a loopbackMIDI to OpenMPT

use PlugIn slots (lets say 100-123) each with its own instance of a mute plugin (moot by DLM provide a midilearn button but I havn't tried it yet)
route the channels 1-24 to the plugin slots 100-123

connect the incoming CC via the MIDImapper to the mute plugins

a bit messy I know :) What is your thought on this Saga?

Saga Musix

I mean sure, it could probably work... but is it worth the effort? :) It might also cause problems with existing plugin chains.
» No support, bug reports, feature requests via private messages - they will not be answered. Use the forums and the issue tracker so that everyone can benefit from your post.