Client behaviour with different file types

Started by fnanfne, June 14, 2021, 20:27:43

Previous topic - Next topic

fnanfne

Hi, thanks for having me!

Trying to keep this short and succinct.

When I work with audio files in OpenMPT, I like to "slow down" the song. I can do this by either decreasing the Tempo field OR increasing the Ticks/Row field. This allows me to loop a specific position of the song, over and over again, at this "tempo" set previously.

However, many songs I work with has this setting reset whenever the part starts looping again and I am wondering if anyone knows how to make either of these settings in the two fields "stick"?

I hope I was being perspicuous but please let me know if you need any clarity in trying to help!

Thanks for reading
fnanfne

Saga Musix

Please look up the Set Speed and Set Tempo commands in the effect reference (there are different commands depending on which format you are working with). Whenver one of those commands is encountered in the pattern data, any changes you made to the default tempo or speed will be overwitten.
» No support, bug reports, feature requests via private messages - they will not be answered. Use the forums and the issue tracker so that everyone can benefit from your post.

fnanfne

Oh interesting!

This looks complex, I'll have a play around and read up on the documentation, thanks for pointing me in a good direction!

Saga Musix

Maybe you could explain in more detail what you actually want to achieve, because it sounds like you might be using the wrong tool, or you are holding it wrong. :)
» No support, bug reports, feature requests via private messages - they will not be answered. Use the forums and the issue tracker so that everyone can benefit from your post.