{psy-trance} Grapple Hook (ogg)

Started by Exhale, April 24, 2021, 13:27:29

Previous topic - Next topic

Exhale

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1Dzlq5f_viOL87b7QzSe9LRwfGryoTe-O/view?usp=sharing

150 bpm heavy driving tune... if you are on earphones you will want to turn down until you can be sure of a comfortable volume.

and yeah - I am planning on adding words and singing to it, I have words already... but if you would like to contribute... so far it is about my depression... a titan that ravages a city, an allegory for my body and depression thoughts... and the chorus is me purely singing my thoughts... so if you have anything that will fit that, feel free to point me in that direction

I will keep the clean version up and make one with the words and there can be two versions for people to choose from

FINAL EDIT:
Here is the tune with vocals, mixed as well as I can
I hope you enjoy it :)
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1tW55bEbRtZrULx3SwkdQWUHfHi7MiXAq/view?usp=sharing

words:
TRIGGER WARNING... these words I have written are about my depression -
the first verses are an imaginary city that is a pretty picture of the struggles going on in my mind.
the chorus has nothing held back... my direct thoughts
=
=
=
the titan looms above the city
his size a daunting travesty
get all the biggest guns and all weapons

he wont want to rule, he wants to destroy all we built
is this the way it is now?
struggling against he who wont see?

its him or us, everything to lose, everything to gain
we're a team or dead, he'll take us all, into his gaping maw!

Take out all the swords,
every piece of hardware you have
we can cut off his head
if we can get onto his sholders

the enemy of all civilization,
the mighty with no connection
callous are his thoughts as he crushes us
desolation is his name
=
can we strategise with the tools we have?
can we improvise as he moves?
I have a plan, take a look,
we can climb him with my grappling hook

x2
(imp)
----

then I ask, what is the point of it,
why do I keep holding on? can I find a reason for one more day?
if I just sleep maybe tomorrow will,
show me a reason to stay. Or maybe I should fight again!

then I scream, what is the point of it?
no one wants what I have! I'm a fish out of water!
and we dont even know what water is!
will we ever change? Will I make it to that day?!

x4
(nokick)
Aaaaaaa

after his fill he moves on, never once giving a fuck
we never (manage to) stop him, empty eyes in the throng

Saga Musix

As I understand from the 2nd part of the post that you still intend to work on this, I would suggest to have a much stronger kick. Doesn't have to be the stereotypical psy kick, but the current one seems a bit weak, just a short click.
Is it intentional that the song was exported at 32 kHz sample rate?
» No support, bug reports, feature requests via private messages - they will not be answered. Use the forums and the issue tracker so that everyone can benefit from your post.

Exhale

Quote from: Saga Musix on April 29, 2021, 20:43:37
As I understand from the 2nd part of the post that you still intend to work on this, I would suggest to have a much stronger kick. Doesn't have to be the stereotypical psy kick, but the current one seems a bit weak, just a short click.
Is it intentional that the song was exported at 32 kHz sample rate?
Certainly :) and thanks for the feedback, it definately needed more ring for the parts where the kick only hits a few times, and I have taken your input to heart, the kick has a bit more punch (I layered it with a kick of my own design on bigroomkixsynth)
as for the 32000 - I tend to make my tunes at this htz because I use 32bit almost exclusively since most of my vsts have been long downloaded in 32bit, and for some reason, even with this decent laptop I have I have to take the htz down sometimes to avoid the clicks if I dont want to have the latency and period too high on wasapi which as far as I know is the industry standard to try and keep those low - normally I export at a higher htz for a final, but I havent gotten to the final yet, I am still mixing and mastering and playing around here...
also the quality is 96kbit because I needed it under 5meg for discord so I could ask my friend's their opinions...
I will go 44100 this time specifically for here though.
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1VXS_ZYqo1yyIMqmORw9Kk_MB5ubdBpBM/view?usp=sharing