Ways for multichannel cutoff & resonance controls

Started by Relabsoluness, April 18, 2021, 12:47:35

Previous topic - Next topic

Relabsoluness

Given a need to simultaneously control cutoff & resonance on multiple or all channels, is there any feasible way to achieve such without resorting to plugins? If not, since there already are some internal plugins, would it make sense that have also cutoff/resonance as such or perhaps a plugin to controls channel properties through PC notes?

Saga Musix

Using plugins is the only easy way to do that at the moment. The current filter infrastructure is too limited, so going forward with plugins is the only sensible thing to do. I started working on a filter plugin a long while ago but it was never finished.
» No support, bug reports, feature requests via private messages - they will not be answered. Use the forums and the issue tracker so that everyone can benefit from your post.

Relabsoluness

Thanks, need to look at filter plugins then. If it's easy to briefly describe what is the main obstacle with the plugin, it would be interesting to hear; a layman could be inclined to think that applying filter to input of a plugin could be somewhat similar to applying it to single channel.

Saga Musix

Technically it's not a challenge; but I want the plugin to be more than just the limited IT filters; it should contain a good library of different filter types, with configurable steepness, optimally also with a visual representation of the filter curve. Essentially what I want is a built-in version of Electri-Q. :)
» No support, bug reports, feature requests via private messages - they will not be answered. Use the forums and the issue tracker so that everyone can benefit from your post.