Move or Switch sample positions

Started by Magnar, March 21, 2021, 22:35:19

Previous topic - Next topic

Magnar

Hi,
Say I have a Kickdrum on sample pos 1 in a Protracker-module, and I want to move that sample after the song is composed to the sample pos 15.

Is there an easy way to do that so that all pattern-data content also is updated with the move? So that all previous patterns and channels information will move all use of sample pos 1 to 15?

PS!
The most important thing is not the move of the sampledata itself in this process. The most important thing is that all patterndata is updated with new instrument sample pos information.

Any ideas?

LPChip

So basically you want to replace all sample 1 with sample 15 in the pattern data?

You can simply do a search/replace, set its reach to all channels and all orders, search for sample 1, and replace with sample 15.
"Heh, maybe I should've joined the compo only because it would've meant I wouldn't have had to worry about a damn EQ or compressor for a change. " - Atlantis
"yes.. I think in this case it was wishful thinking: MPT is makng my life hard so it must be wrong" - Rewbs

Saga Musix

You can drag&drop samples in the Tree View on the left hand of the window, which rearranges not just the sample slots but also automatically updates the pattern data.
No need for using Find&Replace as LPChip suggested, but it's a very powerful tool missing in many trackers, so if you aren't familiar with it yet, I suggest to check that out as well.
» No support, bug reports, feature requests via private messages - they will not be answered. Use the forums and the issue tracker so that everyone can benefit from your post.

Magnar

Thnx, I got it to work now in the Tree view. Don't know why I didn't get it to work first time, but now all is good! :)