How to pan a VST instrument?

Started by Polaris911, January 31, 2021, 23:41:25

Previous topic - Next topic

Polaris911

I found a similar post on this forum and Saga recommended bounding an SF macro to CC10 (Panposition coarse). I tested this, but it doesn't do anything, presumably this VSTi doesn't support CC10. I found this plugin (http://members.dslextreme.com/users/jhewes/StereoPan.html), it works, but it's 32-bit and there is audible clicking when rapidly moving the sliders. I tried both PC and PCs and there is still audible clicking. I simply want to pan a mono VSTi sound around, apparently I need a VST to do this. Thanks. 

Exhale

there are many panning plugins

here are some I have that I know have 64bit versions
autopan by beatassist.eu (it does panning from left to right in waveform shapes, sine, ramp, etc - very simple, but limited)
dualpan by beatassist.eu (same as autopan, but left and right are separated)
GFM psypan (I think this is exactly what you are looking for super simple - panning dial, width dial, and something called ITD dial)
pancake2 (automated pan with editable curve and patterns)
panQ by beatassist.eu (complex - gives you 3 band eq for each, left and right)

I hope one of these helps you,
and a bit fo further advice, if I am ever looking for a vst with something I do not have I browse vst4free.com

Saga Musix

You can also try setting the mix mode of the plugin to "LR Balance" and then use the dry/wet slider to pan the plugin.
» No support, bug reports, feature requests via private messages - they will not be answered. Use the forums and the issue tracker so that everyone can benefit from your post.

Polaris911

GFM psypan worked perfectly, thank you!

Exhale

Quote from: Polaris911 on February 01, 2021, 14:25:03
GFM psypan worked perfectly, thank you!
I am glad it worked for you :) it's my pleasure. and good luck on your future tracking adventures