Is there a frequency sweep option for the DSP?

Started by biolizardshadow, January 02, 2021, 03:50:56

Previous topic - Next topic

biolizardshadow

Does the DSP have the capability to sweep to the highest or lowest possible notes? I'm looking for something that's close to or resembles Square 1's frequency sweep register on the GBA.

Saga Musix

From my understanding of the frequency sweep register, it does nothing more than what commands E and F do in the IT / MPTM format.
» No support, bug reports, feature requests via private messages - they will not be answered. Use the forums and the issue tracker so that everyone can benefit from your post.

biolizardshadow

I was only asking because I don't know how to translate the sweep time and sweep shift to Exx and Fxx commands since those are far more accurate and change according to the song speed.

Saga Musix

Exx / Fxx decrease / increase the pitch by xx * 1/16th of a semitone on every tick but the first of the row. For EFx / FFx, it's x * 1/16th of a semitone only on the first tick of the row, and for EEx / FEx it's x * 1/64th of a semitone on the first tick of the time. You'll have to look up the units used by the GBA hardware, then you can calculate the equivalent OpenMPT commands.
» No support, bug reports, feature requests via private messages - they will not be answered. Use the forums and the issue tracker so that everyone can benefit from your post.