Do you know famous C64 music?

Started by LPChip, June 15, 2006, 11:35:26

Previous topic - Next topic

Do you know famous C64 music?

Hell yeah! C64 was my friend!
4 (50%)
I've played some games at a friend, so I guess I know them...
2 (25%)
I didn't have a chance to hear them :(
1 (12.5%)
I really didn't liked it.
1 (12.5%)

Total Members Voted: 8

Voting closed: June 15, 2006, 11:35:26

LPChip

As the title says, I'm wondering who actually know the good old C64 music that came with games and intro's etc.

I'm also curious if the answer is either 1 or 2, if you know the names of the games you liked so much.
"Heh, maybe I should've joined the compo only because it would've meant I wouldn't have had to worry about a damn EQ or compressor for a change. " - Atlantis
"yes.. I think in this case it was wishful thinking: MPT is makng my life hard so it must be wrong" - Rewbs

Harbinger

I was almost a computer nerd because i was so into BASIC programming. My Dad was one of the first to buy a Commodore PET, then we went to the VIC-20, then the Commodore-64. Remember when 64K was TOP-OF-THE-LINE?

I have forgotten most of the games back then but i remember Outpost, Eliza, and Spike (which i believe was the first computer game from the now-much-used three-quarter perspective).

But there was one other game, which i can't remember the name of and which i believe was for the C64 (maybe the 128?), in which you had to guide your laser tank thru a battlefield of red turrets, electric fields, and UFO bombers in search of either a red or blue key which would open the red or blue door to the next level. What made this game so great besides the excellent graphics and fast action, was that the view was from a three-quarter perspective. I wish i could remember the name (Laser Turret, Laser Bunker, something like that). I still have articles and published programs in BASIC from the old COMPUTE! magazine (why, i don't know), but none of them mention this high-end game, which i believe came out in '82.

Back then i tried getting into controlling the SID chip, which you may know was the C64's sound source, using our standard PEEKs and POKEs, but i wasn't into music then. And it was so primitive anyway, and i had bigger ideas...

Snu

im kinda none of the above... i never was able to play a c64, but i listen to the music now somewhat, and possibly ill write a tune for it at some point, if i can learn one of the programs.

speed-goddamn-focus

the music for gianna sisters was really nice, and so was the game. much better than smb. the last ninja series was also great.

one great game I played a lot was "uchi mata". it looked like twotep/ik but it was judo. ik+ was another classic. those were the days...

LPChip

So many good memories :)

Music wise, the following games had excellent music:

Tetris, Krackout, Giana Sisters, Commando, Boulderdash although it was simple :P, IK++, Green Barretta, oh and what was that game again made by ocean... sort of IK but different.. I believe something like Yie Ha Kongfu or so. It had great songs.
"Heh, maybe I should've joined the compo only because it would've meant I wouldn't have had to worry about a damn EQ or compressor for a change. " - Atlantis
"yes.. I think in this case it was wishful thinking: MPT is makng my life hard so it must be wrong" - Rewbs