Using VST3 plug-ins with OpenMPT development

Started by Schmitty2005, November 08, 2020, 00:28:54

Previous topic - Next topic

Saga Musix

Ah, I see now what the issue is; there's a cache flag that OpenMPT uses to determine whether a plugin is an instrument that was only updated once for the shell itself, but if the plugins inside the shell reported something different, it was not updated anymore. In this particular case, the shell plugin didn't claim to be an instrument plugin. r21525 should fix this issue. For plugins already loaded into OpenMPT's list of known plugins, the display can be fixed by inserting the plugin into a song - or you can remove the plugins from the list to force a rescan.
» No support, bug reports, feature requests via private messages - they will not be answered. Use the forums and the issue tracker so that everyone can benefit from your post.

Schmitty2005

When scanning Waves folders, a lot of plugins are showing a message of OpenMPT PLugin Bridge 'File is not a plugin' "Do you want to try to load the plugin natively ? [YES] [NO].  Sometimes the error is 'Specified Module not Found'

Would it be possible to add a checkbox that would allow a default of yes or no for the remaining items to be scanned ? So  user intervention is NOT needed while scanning ?  I have to either hit tab  , enter , or click 'no' for about 100 plugins in one folder.  There are several Waves folders.  One Wave folder for Each 'Version' (Waves V11, Waves V12, ...)

EDIT:  I realized I can hold down "N" and that works, but an automated feature would be nice....

Saga Musix

The code that handles plugin loading currently doesn't really allow for something like that - the scanning process shouldn't show any messages at all, but since they are triggered by some code much deeper down, it's not possible to suppress them. It's on my TODO list to rewrite this code eventually, but it's currently pretty low priority.
» No support, bug reports, feature requests via private messages - they will not be answered. Use the forums and the issue tracker so that everyone can benefit from your post.

Schmitty2005

I have downloaded the latest development build -r21781 TEST amd64, and I have been unable to get the Waves Instruments to show up.

I am not certain if there is something I did not scan, or if they now do not load properly.  The last time I got them to load was with an older version that was around when I posted that all was working properly except the 'speaker' icon was showing instead of the 'synth' icon showing.

Any suggestions ?

I have scanned all the Waves plugins Version folders, and they cannot be found.

I have scanned all the folders with the .bundle files and they are not there.

Is there something else I am not scanning correctly ?

Saga Musix

I would suggest as a first step to try to load the same plugins into a host again where you are confident they should work. I was unable to get them to work either when I simply downloaded the older versions and I think that might be because I did not actually have a license associated with those plugins, so they simply failed to load.
If that works, you could try going back to older test versions at https://builds.openmpt.org/builds/ and check if you can find the latest version that still loads them.

Schmitty2005

Has the behavior changed for scanning plug-ins ?  I remember being able to add a path, then new plugins were scanned for on restart.  It seems like the path settings are not getting saved properly either.   

Unless I am forgetting about a setting.....

Saga Musix

No, OpenMPT never automatically scanned for plugins on startup. It would verify that plugins are still present, which might take a while and thus show a dialog if a lot of plugins are registered. But new plugins are only added when you explicitly add them in the plugin selection dialog. The VST plugin path specified in the setup dialog is used as the default path for this, but this path is never scanned automatically for plugins.