Author Topic: Using VST3 plug-ins with OpenMPT development  (Read 203 times)

Offline Schmitty2005

• Shy artist
Using VST3 plug-ins with OpenMPT development
« on: November 08, 2020, 00:28:54 »
I have not found a recent update on the forums about the status of using VST3's in OpenMPT.

I am asking because NI (Native Instruments) has dropped some VST2 versions of there plugins.  My plug-ins were 'updated' and the VST2 version was removed by NI's Native Access.

I also have Wave's plugins that are all VST3 that I would like to use.   

Does anybody know the current statues of VST 3 in OpenMPT ?

Any suggestions for Free/OpenSource VST 3 to VST2 host, if they make such a thing  ?

Offline Saga Musix

• OpenMPT Developers
  • aka Jojo
    • Download music, samples, VST plugins: Saga Musix Website
  • Operating System: Windows 10 x64
Re: Using VST3 plug-ins with OpenMPT development
« Reply #1 on: November 08, 2020, 01:16:57 »
No, there are no immediate plans for VST3 support. Many plugin and host creators didn't make the move because it's a very flawed and at the same time very complex plugin interface. Some VST3 plugins secretly still export a VST2 interface, so even if a plugin claims to just be a VST3 plugin, you can try loading it into OpenMPT.
» No support, bug reports, feature requests via private messages - they will not be answered. Use the forums and the issue tracker so that everyone can benefit from your post.

Offline HEIYI

• Shy artist
  • Operating System: windows7 32-bit
« Reply #2 on: November 09, 2020, 04:12:59 »
Will openmpt support Chinese in the future  :)

Offline Saga Musix

• OpenMPT Developers
  • aka Jojo
    • Download music, samples, VST plugins: Saga Musix Website
  • Operating System: Windows 10 x64
« Reply #3 on: November 09, 2020, 08:04:39 »
Please do not ask unrelated questions in existing threads; open a new thread for new questions please.

The current code base of OpenMPT doesn't allow for easy localization; it's most likely something that will happen when/if we switch to the Qt framefork for multi-platform support, as it has great localization support.
» No support, bug reports, feature requests via private messages - they will not be answered. Use the forums and the issue tracker so that everyone can benefit from your post.