Author Topic: Another Question about MIDI macros?  (Read 191 times)

Offline biolizardshadow

• Active artist
  • Operating System: Windows 10
Another Question about MIDI macros?
« on: November 06, 2020, 18:00:40 »
I just noticed that the MIDI macros export on the proper channel until channel 10 where the macro will stay on channel 9. I have heard you say on other posts that channel 10 is reserved for percussive instruments, what I don't understand is that anything beyond channel 10 is when the macro stops exporting properly. For example using the Zxx macro on channel 11 will export that macro to channel 10 while the software exports the notes to channel 11 and it keeps doing this for some reason and I don't know if I'm doing something wrong or if its a bug or something. It also does this on the example file you uploaded a while back.

I am also using the latest version of OPENMPT

Offline Saga Musix

• OpenMPT Developers
  • aka Jojo
    • Download music, samples, VST plugins: Saga Musix Website
  • Operating System: Windows 10 x64
Re: Another Question about MIDI macros?
« Reply #1 on: November 06, 2020, 18:58:00 »
Looking at the code, there are indeed some issues with MIDI macros, they use a different, inconsistent code path for calculating the MIDI channel. Should be fixable for the next release.
» No support, bug reports, feature requests via private messages - they will not be answered. Use the forums and the issue tracker so that everyone can benefit from your post.

Offline biolizardshadow

• Active artist
  • Operating System: Windows 10
« Reply #2 on: November 06, 2020, 20:11:47 »
Thanks

Offline Saga Musix

• OpenMPT Developers
  • aka Jojo
    • Download music, samples, VST plugins: Saga Musix Website
  • Operating System: Windows 10 x64
« Reply #3 on: November 07, 2020, 10:56:28 »
If you need the fix right now, you can download build 13810 of OpenMPT 1.29 from https://builds.openmpt.org/builds/ which should fix this bug. Otherwise, it will of course be part of the next regular OpenMPT 1.29 update.
» No support, bug reports, feature requests via private messages - they will not be answered. Use the forums and the issue tracker so that everyone can benefit from your post.