Author Topic: OPL Instrument breaks shortcuts for other windows  (Read 123 times)

Offline FWL

• Active artist
OPL Instrument breaks shortcuts for other windows
« on: October 18, 2020, 20:33:46 »
Hello Saga,

When I select an OPL instrument instead of a sample in the sample editor, the shortcuts for navigating to the other views (alt-P, G, N and C ) are not working Alt - I does work and when you then return to the OPL view all the shorcuts work again like they suppose to do. I think this is a bug? If so should I report this in the issue tracker?

By the way I really like the new triangle indicators for the samplecues! I haven't tested it thoroughly yet, but I have one GUI related suggestion. Would it be possible to als have a guideline projected on the samplewaveform, so you can position the cue more accurately? When I needed this I ussually made the cue points in wavosaur because wavosaur marker are recognized as cue points in openmpt.

Offline Saga Musix

• OpenMPT Developers
  • aka Jojo
    • Download music, samples, VST plugins: Saga Musix Website
  • Operating System: Windows 10 x64
Re: OPL Instrument breaks shortcuts for other windows
« Reply #1 on: October 18, 2020, 20:45:19 »
When I select an OPL instrument instead of a sample in the sample editor, the shortcuts for navigating to the other views (alt-P, G, N and C ) are not working Alt - I does work and when you then return to the OPL view all the shorcuts work again like they suppose to do. I think this is a bug? If so should I report this in the issue tracker?
I cannot reproduce that, the shortcuts work just fine here. So yes, please file a bug report with exact steps to reproduce the issue.

By the way I really like the new triangle indicators for the samplecues! I haven't tested it thoroughly yet, but I have one GUI related suggestion. Would it be possible to als have a guideline projected on the samplewaveform, so you can position the cue more accurately? When I needed this I ussually made the cue points in wavosaur because wavosaur marker are recognized as cue points in openmpt.
In general that would be useful, yes, but I think especially with the default cue points that are present in every sample for backwards compatibility, the view would be very cluttered if those lines were always shown. I think it could be useful to display them only while moving a specific cue point, as that is the time when it's most crucial to see the exact position of the cue point. What do you think?
ยป No support, bug reports, feature requests via private messages - they will not be answered. Use the forums and the issue tracker so that everyone can benefit from your post.

Offline FWL

• Active artist
Re: OPL Instrument breaks shortcuts for other windows
« Reply #2 on: October 18, 2020, 21:20:11 »
I made a bug report in the issue tracker. I think it has to do with the fact that the checkbox ' additive synthesis' gets the focus. When you press tab to lose the focus everything works again.

And yes, that would be the most elegant solution, when a cue point is selected with the mouse a guideline becomes visible in the waveform-view.