Main Menu

About PDC

Started by herodotas, October 17, 2020, 14:54:41

Previous topic - Next topic

herodotas

Any plans for adding PDC (plugin delay compensation) in OpenMPT?
life is darker than it seems

Saga Musix

» No support, bug reports, feature requests via private messages - they will not be answered. Use the forums and the issue tracker so that everyone can benefit from your post.

herodotas

Saga Musix

Yes, that's what long-term means. It will be done eventually. Mind you, there are features that I personally find much more important for myself and I haven't found the time to implement them in over 10 years. It can take a long while until this gets implemented. As always, third-party contributions to implement the feature are welcome.
» No support, bug reports, feature requests via private messages - they will not be answered. Use the forums and the issue tracker so that everyone can benefit from your post.

herodotas

I understand, it's your project and you are king here, but VST support without PDC is semi-unusable, yet anyway OpenMPT great tracker for classic tracking.

Saga Musix

Let me assure you it's not about "being king" - it's about having a healthy life balance. A feature like PDB requires a big architectural change for which I need to dedicate a huge amount of time to, and finding a large amount of contiguous time to focus on such a feature is difficult these days. I want the feature just as much as you want it but I won't sacrifice my health and steer towards a burn-out for it.

herodotas

OK OK, but you are king of OpenMPT without a doubt, he he....  ;)

Rakib

OpenMPT is open source, if you can contribute in any way or form it would be appreciated.
^^