Author Topic: Future of tracker music  (Read 1537 times)

Offline LPChip

• Administrator
    • http://lpchip.nl
  • Operating System: Windows 10 Pro x64
Re: Future of tracker music
« Reply #15 on: September 23, 2020, 08:14:05 »
By the way Saga Musix, are you threatening me when you said you might lose your patience with me? We're you planning on using the force choke on me like Darth Vader 🙂
As another person who moderates/administrates this forum, yes Saga Musix is not just a developer, he also administrates this forum, please understand that the biggest priority for us is that this forum is a nice place to go to where we respect each other. By saying "How old are you Saga Musix, 16 or maybe 9" you are basically directly insulting the person who can ban you for life. He will not ban you for one insult though. We are civilized, but there will be a point where our patient runs out.

Now I understand that there's this discussion going on about something on his website, but please keep in mind, that the original topic is about the future of Tracker music. By going this in-depth is basically saying: I don't care about the actual topic. A little bit of side discussion is fine, but as I see it, we really should get back on-topic.
"Heh, maybe I should've joined the compo only because it would've meant I wouldn't have had to worry about a damn EQ or compressor for a change. " - Atlantis
"yes.. I think in this case it was wishful thinking: MPT is makng my life hard so it must be wrong" - Rewbs

Offline Exhale

• Workaholic artist
    • http://www.exhale7.110mb.com
« Reply #16 on: September 24, 2020, 19:26:46 »
soundman, you are a clown... I admit when I was 12 and I first started tracking there was a magic to the whole thing and the names people chose for the songs felt like spells or whatever, but I grew up XD and I have no idea where you are getting all these satanically named modules from, but share bastard! XD
in all seriousness though... I think daws are simply more approachable because of the piano roll and ability to record and edit recordings directly in the software... I really think modplug can one day do both those things, but obviously its all far from trivial
« Last Edit: September 24, 2020, 20:41:06 by Exhale »

Offline Alex TEHb

• Inspired artist
  • Operating System: Win7 x86
« Reply #17 on: September 25, 2020, 03:33:01 »
I think daws are simply more approachable because of the piano roll and ability to record and edit recordings directly in the software...

In OMPT there is a function of export of each channel separately.
It gives the chance to add a voice or to process each separate path in the third-party editor (mixer).
In my opinion, it is even better! An opportunity in addition to process music effects which are not (or they others) in OpenMPT.

You should not demand that EVERYTHING was in one program. Here more than once mentioned complexity of development of Trackers musics. Additional functions will add additional difficulties...

Offline Exhale

• Workaholic artist
    • http://www.exhale7.110mb.com
« Reply #18 on: September 25, 2020, 22:43:02 »
I demand nothing of modplug, as a singer and pianist and guitar player i definately want recording in modplug some day, but there is no rush