Can sample offset command be linked to pitch bend?

Started by biolizardshadow, September 18, 2020, 16:23:31

Previous topic - Next topic

biolizardshadow

I know that this sounds weird but the sample offset really helps to create a mid (GB) Noise frequency change without it starting at the start of the frequency pattern again. The only reason I'm asking if the sample offset command can be linked to the pitch bend command is that the Gameboy's Noise channel has a slight attack when it triggers a new note and this can wreak when trying to create sound effects. I also saw that the last sample offset can be recorded to a MIDI file but I'm not sure which command it's linked to. Any advice would be great. :)

Saga Musix

What exactly do you mean by linking? Using them at the same time, or triggering both effects from the same command?

QuoteI also saw that the last sample offset can be recorded to a MIDI file but I'm not sure which command it's linked to.
It's not linked to anything in particular, as there is no standardized MIDI command that it could translate to (I suppose it was probably intended to control filters). You could for example put it in a CC command the same way as I recently explained how to embed panning.
» No support, bug reports, feature requests via private messages - they will not be answered. Use the forums and the issue tracker so that everyone can benefit from your post.

biolizardshadow

I would like to specify it as a Midi pitch bend command but I'm not sure how too.

Saga Musix

You cannot change the meaning of commands in MIDI export like that, I'm afraid. Wouldn't it make more sense to put the exact pitch bend value into the tracker file as the one you eventually would like to see in the MIDI file?
» No support, bug reports, feature requests via private messages - they will not be answered. Use the forums and the issue tracker so that everyone can benefit from your post.

biolizardshadow

Well I would but the (GB) Noise channel only has a select amount of frequency's you can use so using a normal pitch bend command or a E or F command makes it hard to tell what it's going to sound like in the game since not all pitch commands effect that sound channel.