Is there a way to use Komplete Kontrol in multi-ouput mode?

Started by holdenhk, August 19, 2020, 15:38:25

Previous topic - Next topic

holdenhk

I started using Kontakt Player (free version) as a plugin vsti, and I'm quite happy with its ability to send outputs to different instruments. Even though Kontakt is part of Komplete Kontrol package, and the latter is said to offer multi-output as well (plus many more instruments from other libraries), I can't find a way to enable it. Whereas in Kontakt you simply keep adding instruments and change MIDI channels in the Plugin/MIDI section of the Instruments tab of OpenMP accordingly, in Komplete Kontrol, you seem to able to use only one instrument at a time. This would finish the discussion, but after I tried to explore the topic, it turns out it is possible to use more instruments, yet you need to initiate the multi output version of Komplete Kontrol from the host (i.e. OpenMPT, in my case, although the info I found was always related to Logic or Live only).
My question: is it possible to do this in OpenMPT (and how, if yes)?

Saga Musix

I don't really know what "initate the multi output version" would mean in this context. Are there maybe several plugins versions in the same folder, e.g. something like "Komplete Control.dll" and "Komplete Control (multi-output).dll"? If so, you would probably need to add the latter to OpenMPT's plugin library as well. Generally OpenMPT should support any number of plugin outputs, but it will always downmix them to stereo. If that's not the case, please show the page where you got this information from.

PS: Please check your private messages, I sent you a message regarding your registered email address some days ago.
» No support, bug reports, feature requests via private messages - they will not be answered. Use the forums and the issue tracker so that everyone can benefit from your post.

holdenhk

Quote from: Saga Musix on August 19, 2020, 18:21:37
Generally OpenMPT should support any number of plugin outputs, but it will always downmix them to stereo. If that's not the case, please show the page where you got this information from.
The point is that despite OpenMPT downmixing outputs to stereo, multiple output works perfectly in OpenMPT with Kontakt Player (one plugin and up to 16 instruments inside, manually routed through separate MIDI channels within OpenMPT - perfect! I love the clarity and simplicity of it!).
The page about Komplete Kontrol and Logic:
https://support.native-instruments.com/hc/en-us/community/posts/360008244049-Multi-output-with-Komplete-Kontrols-MK-2-en-us-
And the one about Live and "initiating", which turns out to be "instantiating" (whatever it may mean, probably creating an "instance"):
https://www.native-instruments.com/forum/threads/multi-output-16xstereo-of-komplete-kontrol-in-live-9.270101/
Are there maybe several plugins versions in the same folder, e.g. something like "Komplete Control.dll" and "Komplete Control (multi-output).dll"?
There is only one "Komplete Kontrol.dll" (and there is no "Kontakt 16out.dll"), and the 'answer' to the problem is that probably the new (free) version may simply not offer multi-output, and I guess that's where the story ends.  :( It just seems counterintuitive that a bigger product containing a smaller one (both by the same company) is more limited than the latter standalone.
PS: Please check your private messages, I sent you a message regarding your registered email address some days ago.
Done. Sorry!

Saga Musix

QuoteThere is only one "Komplete Kontrol.dll" (and there is no "Kontakt 16out.dll"), and the 'answer' to the problem is that probably the new (free) version may simply not offer multi-output, and I guess that's where the story ends.
I guess so. There isn't really anything a host could do "turn on" multi-output, it's up to the plugin to do that.
» No support, bug reports, feature requests via private messages - they will not be answered. Use the forums and the issue tracker so that everyone can benefit from your post.