Main Menu

Crash.

Started by Svenni, August 16, 2020, 20:05:51

Previous topic - Next topic

Svenni

Hey guys, it would be wonderful if you can fix this. I think i saved one wav file too many.

Saved it yesterday and all was fine. But it wont open today.

I have all the wav files. But this would mean hours of finetuning and some where i just got lucky on how it came out. Not sure if i can repeat this.

The older versions i have, just dont have that magic i accidentally tapped into.

"session error count 1" :)

Saga Musix

Please always provide all the text files from the crash folder too, not just the DMP. And please always upgrade to the latest version of OpenMPT before reporting a crash, because the crash you reported might already be fixed. The crash that you experienced in particular is supposed to be fixed in OpenMPT 1.29. Please upgrade.

This particular crash happened because you were trying to read a file from an unstable network connection or maybe an unstable USB connection. I advise you to double-check that the connection to whatever drive you were trying to read the file from is stable. OpenMPT should no longer crash when reading files from such devices, but if the connection is unstable it might still be unable to read the file.
» No support, bug reports, feature requests via private messages - they will not be answered. Use the forums and the issue tracker so that everyone can benefit from your post.

Svenni

Oh there is a new version, thanks.

Pretty sure it was too much memory used...Is there a way to just remove one sample from it or?

I have them on backup.

Saga Musix

Again, please upgrade to OpenMPT 1.29. Older versions required the whole module file to be mapped into memory, so I guess that memory exhaustion might also have caused this particular crash. OpenMPT 1.29 no longer has this issue.
» No support, bug reports, feature requests via private messages - they will not be answered. Use the forums and the issue tracker so that everyone can benefit from your post.

Svenni

Thanks, thats very cool.

So, as i thought, there is no way to fix this? It would be very great if you can.

Svenni

hmm, but if the new version handles memory differently. Does that mean that the new version might be able to open the old file. Since its not actually corrupt?

Saga Musix

I'm not quite sure how my previous two posts could be ambigious, but I will try it a third time: Update to OpenMPT 1.29, it will fix your issue.

Svenni

Ah yes, its because You did not say it would fix the issue.

But thanks.

Svenni

Thanks very much for this and the latest update. Very cool stuff.

Sorry if i was slow. Im very tired.

Have a good one man.

Saga Musix

I wrote both "The crash that you experienced in particular is supposed to be fixed in OpenMPT 1.29. Please upgrade." and "OpenMPT 1.29 no longer has this issue." - both of that say that it fixes the issue. Anyway, is it working as expected now?