C:\Windows\Media

Started by TylerTheMusicMan, August 08, 2020, 23:35:37

Previous topic - Next topic

TylerTheMusicMan

Why is "C:\Windows\Media" hidden in OpenMPT? If you don't mind me asking, because when you use the side browser to select samples, it doesn't show up.

jmkz

Because it's set as a system folder attribute set by default. You can notice on many other folders same behavior, and it's not limited to OpenMPT, also how do you run an application.

Saga Musix

This is correct. OpenMPT filters out any files and folders marked as system files, as you really should not be touching them. As I don't think it makes a lot of sense to lift this restriction just to make the Media folder visible, you can still work around this by double-clicking the first item in the lower half of the tree view to bring up Windows' own folder picker (which should show the folder *if* you have configured Windows to show such protected folders), or alternatively you can right-click that item and choose "Set Path" to manually add "Media" to the path without a file picker.
» No support, bug reports, feature requests via private messages - they will not be answered. Use the forums and the issue tracker so that everyone can benefit from your post.

Saga Musix

I reviewed more closely how Explorer behaves, and modified OpenMPT's logic when to hide system folders for the next version. This will make the Media folder visible, but not folders like System Volume Information which are off-limits for the user.
» No support, bug reports, feature requests via private messages - they will not be answered. Use the forums and the issue tracker so that everyone can benefit from your post.

TylerTheMusicMan

Thank you so much. I was just confused.