Modul export question

Started by ixs, August 06, 2020, 07:06:17

Previous topic - Next topic

ixs

Hi!

If I try to save some other format to MOD, everything seems fine.

But there is a issue that restricts the usage of such an exported module.

There is an indicator that shows the type of the MOD file.
It should be "M.K." "4CHN" or "8CHN".
The exported file always has "3CHN" stored.
Why is it set to 3CHN, and how to change/fix it?

Thanks

Saga Musix

The "xCHN" or "xxCH" magic bytes tell the number of channels. "3CHN" means that your module has 3 channels. You can change it to four channels in the Song Properties, which will then use the "M.K." magic bytes.
» No support, bug reports, feature requests via private messages - they will not be answered. Use the forums and the issue tracker so that everyone can benefit from your post.

ixs

Quote from: Saga Musix on August 06, 2020, 07:50:10
The "xCHN" or "xxCH" magic bytes tell the number of channels. "3CHN" means that your module has 3 channels. You can change it to four channels in the Song Properties, which will then use the "M.K." magic bytes.

That's the problem. It doesn't change. I could enter 64 channels, but the indicator shows 3CHN after saving.
I recently updated the Tracker, but the problem still is there.

Saga Musix

Did you by any chance run Song Cleanup after changing the number of channels? If so, that will remove all unused channels again and you will end up with the minimum number of required channels. If not, please upload an example the problem happens with to have a look at.
» No support, bug reports, feature requests via private messages - they will not be answered. Use the forums and the issue tracker so that everyone can benefit from your post.