.42 - Sample tank 2.1+ throws exception

Started by wes2819, June 10, 2006, 18:21:44

Previous topic - Next topic

wes2819

I get a strange message in mogplug tracker if i load sample tank 2 VST. This is the message: "plugin sample tank 2.x threw an exception in process" and modplug tracker will hang. Can someone please help me.
I use modplug tracker version 1.17RC1 (revision 1.13.2.8) and
Sample Tank 2.1 XL.
What shall I write here.....

rewbs

Could you try upgrading to the latest version of OpenMPT? I use ST v2.0.9 regularly with OpenMPT v1.17.02.42 with no problems.
http://modplug.sourceforge.net/builds/

If you still get the problem with the latest version of OpenMPT, could you give some more details on how to recreate it?

wes2819

I now have the latest version of modplug tracker, but now i get the message: 'The plugin sample tank 2.x threw an exception in processReplacing. It has automatically been set to "bypass".
There is something wrong with the bypass, because if I turn bypass on in sample tank the programm will hang.

rewbs

So are you saying this occurs consistently, instantly when you hit play on an empty track with just ST2.1 loaded? or are you doing something in particular to trigger the error?

wes2819

I load sample tank 2 just as the other vst's. And if I hit play in modplug and then hit the keyboard in sample tank I can't hear a sound.
And when I hit stop in modplug I read that message again.
The only good thing now is that modplug not will hang :p.

rewbs

Hmm I can't reproduce this, ST2 works just fine over here... I'll see if I can get a more recent demo version of ST2. Meanwhile, a few more questions:

1. Which sample set do you have loaded within ST2?
2. What are your sound settings in OpenMPT?
3. Have you changed any of the ST2 preferences?
4. Could you please send me the most simple .it file that triggers this problem when hitting play? I might be missing something when trying to recreate it.

rewbs

OK I grabbed v2.1.1 and can now reproduce the problem - I'll look into it.

rewbs

I have found the cause of the bug and will try to release a fix within the next few days. Thanks for reporting this.

wes2819

thank you very very much :). I can't wait to start ;).

wes2819

Sonik synth 2 works perfect with modplug tracker  :D .
Now I hope that soon sample tank 2 works fine as well  :wink:

wes2819

I just have installed your update and the program works now perfect. :D
You have done a great job. Thank you very much for your effort  :wink:

LPChip

Quote from: "wes2819"I just have installed your update and the program works now perfect. :D
You have done a great job. Thank you very much for your effort  :wink:

Thanks for reporting the bug, and that it has been fixed. Closing this bug.:)
"Heh, maybe I should've joined the compo only because it would've meant I wouldn't have had to worry about a damn EQ or compressor for a change. " - Atlantis
"yes.. I think in this case it was wishful thinking: MPT is makng my life hard so it must be wrong" - Rewbs