File-open dialog "More Keymaps" shortcut broken on Wine

Started by nyanpasu64, July 01, 2020, 18:15:36

Previous topic - Next topic

nyanpasu64

In a Wine file-open dialog, if you double-click a shortcut to a folder (unsure about file), it sends the shortcut to the program instead of navigating to the folder.

- Install OpenMPT on Wine.
- Open the View menu and click Setup.
- Click the Keyboard tab, and click "Import Keys...".

If you double-click "More Keymaps", Windows would go to the .lnk target directory. But Wine returns the .lnk file from the file-open dialog.

Note that OpenMPT uses XP-style file dialogs on Wine because Wine's Vista-style file dialogs are terrible. On Wine, both XP/Vista dialogs don't traverse the .lnk file and instead return the .lnk path. On Windows, both XP/Vista dialogs traverse the .lnk file.

Saga Musix

I'm not sure why you posted this here as you explained the source of the issue in the last paragraph: Wine doesn't follow .lnk files, so you will need to ask the Wine people to fix that. OpenMPT 1.30 will reorganize a lot of things and this shortcut will be gone anyway; instead it will use application-specific shortcuts in the file browser dialog, but I think those are not supported in Wine either.
» No support, bug reports, feature requests via private messages - they will not be answered. Use the forums and the issue tracker so that everyone can benefit from your post.

nyanpasu64

Anyway I've reported a Wine bug too.
QuoteI'm not sure why you posted this here as you explained the source of the issue in the last paragraph
Are you annoyed at me? I legitimately can't tell.
Quoteinstead it will use application-specific shortcuts in the file browser dialog, but I think those are not supported in Wine either.
yay... I've never heard of application-specific shortcuts. Is it adding extra items in the left sidebar? Hopefully I won't miss them when scanning the interface.

Saga Musix

Quote from: nyanpasu64 on July 02, 2020, 11:57:51
Are you annoyed at me? I legitimately can't tell.
No, I am really just surprised that after coming to the correct conclusion that Wine's file dialog does something wrong you're also posting this here. There's little we can do here (and certainly I don't want to implement .lnk parsing in OpenMPT to circumvent an inconvenience in the file browser).

Quote from: nyanpasu64 on July 02, 2020, 11:57:51
yay... I've never heard of application-specific shortcuts. Is it adding extra items in the left sidebar? Hopefully I won't miss them when scanning the interface.
Yes, on Windows those would be added next to the favourite folders. Wine does not seem to support this feature. OpenMPT doesn't use application-specific shortcuts for anything critical; they are just a convenience for locating important folders (e.g. instrument folders, song folders, plugin preset folders and stuff like that).
» No support, bug reports, feature requests via private messages - they will not be answered. Use the forums and the issue tracker so that everyone can benefit from your post.