Can no longer adjust VST parameters in edit mode

Started by Felafalu, June 24, 2020, 00:14:42

Previous topic - Next topic

Felafalu

Hello, newbie here to Modplug. So basically, i was playing around with some VSTs and i'm unsure what happened, but now when i go on the actual plugin, i can't click on anything. I can still adjust the parameters i want from the built in part of OpenMPT but that's unnecessarily meticulous. I feel like the answer to this is very obvious but it's above me now!

Any ideas?

PS: bonus / off topic question, what are some free distortion VSTs that could work well with Gabber music?

Saga Musix

Need more information. Did it happen while running OpenMPT? Or after updating to a new OpenMPT version? Does it happen with any plugin? Does it affect plugins directly after adding them to the song? Is the plugin run through the Plugin Bridge (it will say so in its title bar)?
» No support, bug reports, feature requests via private messages - they will not be answered. Use the forums and the issue tracker so that everyone can benefit from your post.

Felafalu

Forgot to add. Yeah, it's with any plugin. And it's happening with two different versions. Seems most of my settings have migrated from the new to old (was first using the latest version and then i opted for 1.25.01.00. ). Any new plugin i load or have previously loaded is in this locked state.

As for bridged, uhh, here's a screenshot... not DaVinci tier, but i hope it has some pertinent info.

Saga Musix

Yes, your plugin is being run through the Plugin Bridge. If that was previously not the case, then you probably upgraded from 32-bit OpenMPT to 64-bit OpenMPT or vice versa. If you use lots of 32-bit plugins, you should use the 32-bit version of OpenMPT too, as stated on the download page. While most plugin UIs should run fine through the plugin bridge, it's possible that not all of them do.
» No support, bug reports, feature requests via private messages - they will not be answered. Use the forums and the issue tracker so that everyone can benefit from your post.

Felafalu

Poked around on my computer and found that yeah, a good portion of my VSTs are 32 bit while MPT was 64 bit. I downloaded the most recent 32 bit version and now i can tweak knobs and such. That's good! Thank you. i must ask though, is there any way i can use plugins of different formats while preserving their functionality? Now that i think about it, believe i had a similar issue with FL Studio.

Random, but when installing this version of MPT, Norton went off at it. what the....?

Saga Musix

Quotei must ask though, is there any way i can use plugins of different formats while preserving their functionality?
Normally it shouldn't be an issue to the GUIs of bridged plugins from within OpenMPT. Either it is an issue specific to the plugins you are using (I cannot verify right now but I will try the plugin visible in your screenshot later tonight), or maybe Norton tries to protect you from doing evil things (I would not be surprised if over-protective antivirus software these days breaks plugin bridges like the one used by OpenMPT). Seriously. Get rid of Norton. It's the only good advice I can give you. I have sent the OpenMPT 1.29 executables to VirusTotal and the last time I checked, none of the executables were flagged by any antivirus vendor. But if Norton now suddenly decides that OpenMPT is a threat, please submit it as a false positive so that they can fix their virus definitions.

Saga Musix

I checked that Preampus plugin and it works fine here when bridged. However, I just checked and can confirm that it didn't work correctly in older OpenMPT versions' plugin bridge. From your screenshot I can see that you were actually not running OpenMPT 1.29 (OpenMPT 1.29 would say "32-bit Bridged" in parentheses and not just "Bridged"). Please make sure that you are really using the latest version. With OpenMPT, you should be able to use that plugin with and without the plugin bridge.