Help. Musicly dyslexic and pleading for assistance. Brandnew

Started by Fishtankalpha, June 07, 2006, 04:41:23

Previous topic - Next topic

Fishtankalpha

My friend, who is... just really bad with music, as am I, has given me a beat and a program.  He asked me to work on his song.  I am ... really really bad at this, and apparantly so is he.  I told him I did not like his music, and he just said, 'Well... you work on it.'  
I really do not have the capacity, but my teacher of two years is advisor to an anime club, and as a going away present, we want to give her a small,  roughly 56-second song, called 'TAMA'.  It's a Japanese song about prosperity, and it has the same melody as "Do You Hear The People Sing?" and the same rhythm, a 4-4, I believe.  Just like a timer ticking back and forth...

Listen to that song here <a href="http://www.niehs.nih.gov/kids/lyrics/peopsing.htm"> http://www.niehs.nih.gov/kids/lyrics/peopsing.htm </a>

If anyone can help me develop my song, please rely, or message me on one of my contacts.  I believe they are listed, but if you reply, I will receive an e-mail message, and I will surely respond ASAP.  
The unfortunate thing, I need this done by tomorrow night, so I do not have time to learn how to use the entire program, I do not think.  I will be up all night, trying desperately, but...  i dunno...  I just hope and pray.

Good night.

Fishtankalpha

wow.... this is not as hard as I thought it would be.  Still having trouble adjusting the levels, but already this sounds very good.  The standard 4/4 beat count makes it pretty easy.  I wonder if I can make this more like techno punk, though.

Fishtankalpha

Yay!
I actually did a great job.  I used MODplug a lot in the past, when I was taking my music theory and midi classes, a while ago.  MODPlug is easier to use than ever, and now my teacher has a great song to listen to whenever her club meetings start.
I understand that no one helped, but anyone want to hear what I made? =)

Diamond

New music is always welcomed and encouraged here.