Sample editor

Started by Alex TEHb, May 09, 2020, 06:18:30

Previous topic - Next topic

Alex TEHb

Hello.
Converted VSTi-instruments in ITI. (With VST the song unit becomes not portable and it is not pleasant to me). Instruments and Songs turned out big.
There were wishes to your program.
- It would be quite good to have an Info-window with show of the size of the song in memory(more precisely loading CPU and Memory in %).
- In the editor of samples to deduce "tick" "For All samples" for function Amplify
- In Normalize for all samples to implement Volume change (as at import 24bit samples)
I thank for support and development of Tracker. It is a lot of years it I use.

Gerirish

Probably best if you log this in https://bugs.openmpt.org as a feature request.

Alex TEHb

Excuse me.
I know English only with a dictionary.
I find it difficult to navigate the sections of the forum.
And the link also has a separate registration ...

Saga Musix

Quote- It would be quite good to have an Info-window with show of the size of the song in memory(more precisely loading CPU and Memory in %).
This is impossible to calculate precisely. Look at Windows Task Manager if you are interested in memory and CPU usage.

Quote- In the editor of samples to deduce "tick" "For All samples" for function Amplify
Do you mean that you want to amplify all samples by the same amount?

Quote- In Normalize for all samples to implement Volume change (as at import 24bit samples)
I don't quite see how this would be useful. Why would you want to normalize all samples but then undo the change again? There is nothing to be gained from this (the quality of the samples won't improve, unlike for 24-bit sample import), and the samples may actually take up more space on disk (lossless sample compression in IT/MPTM works better with quiet samples).
» No support, bug reports, feature requests via private messages - they will not be answered. Use the forums and the issue tracker so that everyone can benefit from your post.

Alex TEHb

QuoteThis is impossible to calculate precisely. Look at Windows Task Manager if you are interested in memory and CPU usage.
This was just a wish for convenience.
Not so important ... If this is not possible, we close the question.

QuoteDo you mean that you want to amplify all samples by the same amount?
Yes.
When there are 40 samples in one instrument and they are all digitized quietly, it makes sense to choose one the loudest and raise its level to the maximum, and increase the rest by the same units. Then, in general, the instrument will sound even.

QuoteI don't quite see how this would be useful. Why would you want to normalize all samples but then undo the change again? There is nothing to be gained from this (the quality of the samples won't improve, unlike for 24-bit sample import), and the samples may actually take up more space on disk (lossless sample compression in IT/MPTM works better with quiet samples).
I do not want to normalize, and then cancel. As in the previous paragraph, I'm interested in that the volume of different samples included in one instrument can be increased by a certain percentage. When importing exactly that. And with normalization for everyone, each sample rises differently (to defaul = 100%)

Saga Musix

So you want to be able to normalize / amplify all the samples within a single instrument? That would make more sense.
» No support, bug reports, feature requests via private messages - they will not be answered. Use the forums and the issue tracker so that everyone can benefit from your post.

Alex TEHb

Yes.
Just when creating a instrument, I load one. And I process ONLY HIS samples.
Such operations with multiple instruments simultaneously in memory will create chaos.

Saga Musix

Okay, that makes a lot more sense now. As such, I guess this functionality would have to be added to the instrument editor, not the sample editor. It will probably not happen very soon but I will keep it in mind.

Alex TEHb

Thank you for attention!