[Game music like] GamemusicImprovised (S3M)

Started by FreezeFlame(Alchemy), April 30, 2020, 21:24:02

Previous topic - Next topic

FreezeFlame(Alchemy)

Stopped making tracker music for awhile due to all tries of making one ending up weird, not being a step-up from previous ones, or they just plain out suck (if you have tried producing music in any way and form, you will know that feeling).
Paused a moment and decided that i will make a track just for the heck of it, without going for something unique (seriously, only focusing on making the most "original" piece of work can make one mad over time, since its impossible to know if someone tried it before, considering that there are millions of tracks in existence and there is bound to be one which will sound similar to yours). I think it turned out better then expected, having a more old-school type of feel to it.

Since i am lazy, i named it GamemusicImprovised (yeah, very original, i know *sarcasm*).

Finished up the track before deciding that i will share it with the world.

Recommend playing the S3M file in OpenMPT version 1.28.09 or above.
Please, don't play it with anything else unless it supports PCM+OPL2 for S3M files, otherwise it will skip playing OPL2 instruments.
For universal playback on most music players, i recommend using the rendered FLAC file.
Or if you just want to see and hear it in action, watch it on my other Youtube channel.

Regarding the instruments used in the S3M track:

• OPL2 ones were made by me using OpenMPT since it first got its OPL2/3 support.
  • All samples used are from the forum user Sam_Zen.

Edit:
Made the post more clear (was very tired that time), and added a link to my Youtube video of the track being played, for people who want to see the track and OpenMPT in action.
Blue Flames of the Night.

Was known as Alchemy before(with an Dialga picture).

monsterovich

QuoteOPL2 ones were made by me using OpenMPT since it first got its OPL2/3 support.

OpenMPT doesn't write that OPL samples is an OpenMPT extension (hack). Is it a bug?

FreezeFlame(Alchemy)

QuoteOpenMPT doesn't write that OPL samples is an OpenMPT extension (hack). Is it a bug?

No, its not a bug. Its actually the least universally supported feature of ScreamTracker 3 and its S3M format (FM instruments, that can be played back together with PCM samples).
For MPTM, it was added as a addition to the format months ago. AFAIK OPL2 is so far fully supported, but OPL3 is not quite yet there (modulation method, having access to all operators, ect.).

And those OPL instruments are not samples, but patches.

Gernot66

Registered just to tell you that i like the track.

Would you mind to find it in "Pioneer Space Sim" resp. my port of it?
So it will find it's purpose as gamemusic, in some sort of way, don't expect to become popular due to this, if five ppl Play or are interested at all in "Phoenix" then it is already a lot.

However i like it.

FreezeFlame(Alchemy)

QuoteRegistered just to tell you that i like the track.
I am very glad to read that :).

QuoteWould you mind to find it in "Pioneer Space Sim" resp. my port of it?
So it will find it's purpose as gamemusic, in some sort of way, don't expect to become popular due to this, if five ppl Play or are interested at all in "Phoenix" then it is already a lot.
As long as i get credit for it, i allow its use in your project. If you have any other questions, PM them to me, and i will try to answer them best as i can.

Lo Bellver

Blue dB meters, I had never seen them!  :o