OpenMPT manual (the wiki) now available from the front page

Started by LPChip, June 06, 2006, 12:52:55

Previous topic - Next topic

LPChip

As the title says,

The manual is now available from the index page. Below General Chatter.

I took the time to register at the wiki, and made some changes aswell.

There's now some info about plugins and I've edited the page about how to get started. It now also has what to do if you want to use the latest beta.
"Heh, maybe I should've joined the compo only because it would've meant I wouldn't have had to worry about a damn EQ or compressor for a change. " - Atlantis
"yes.. I think in this case it was wishful thinking: MPT is makng my life hard so it must be wrong" - Rewbs

Sam_Zen

No entrance. Message :
Your request has been blocked. If you feel this is an error, please contact us at webmaster at xwiki dot com. Thanks.

LPChip

I've tested it on different PC's, so it must be an error with xwiki.
"Heh, maybe I should've joined the compo only because it would've meant I wouldn't have had to worry about a damn EQ or compressor for a change. " - Atlantis
"yes.. I think in this case it was wishful thinking: MPT is makng my life hard so it must be wrong" - Rewbs

rewbs

Where are you seeing this error message?
XWiki.com are still tuning their anti-spam mechanisms, so it might be related to that. However I can't see the error message so I can't help at this point.

Sam_Zen

LPChip

Just tested it also.

The page is awefully slow, but it does load. I think its something on your end Sam_Zen.

yrk

It's probably the IP (or range of IPs) that's blocked... Maybe drop the webmaster a friendly note?
while (1) { fork(); }

MisterX

Something has been going on with XWiki - I tried to spider it so that it is searchable using the search engine on the front page of the site, but all access to the Wiki from the search engine is blocked.  I don't know if it was triggered by an access to "robots.txt" or what made it block the spider, but it is not allowed to access the Wiki.

Perhaps SamZen has a similar problem - an unrecognized referring engine?
-Mister X aka Kim-
StudioKraft
===========================
I am happy to be born when I was - at least I caught the tail end of freedom.

Sam_Zen

I went again with enabled referrer and indeed got rid of the mentioned error message. But access is extremely slow as said. It took me 10 mins to get to "http://openmpt.xwiki.com/xwiki/bin/view/Main/WebHome" with still nothing on screen, so I will try later again.

rewbs

I have reported the slowness to the XWiki guys. They have some pretty aggressive anti-spam stuff at the moment which might explain the blocking of spider-like behaviour.

LPChip

How about installing a wiki on modplug, and copy its content there? That way we can ensure speed and stability.

apple-joe

speed-goddamn-focus

I prefer it to stay on xwiki, it keeps problems away. Didn't we already lose one wiki at MPC?

LPChip

Quote from: "speed-goddamn-focus"I prefer it to stay on xwiki, it keeps problems away. Didn't we already lose one wiki at MPC?

True, but this time we can backup the database so we won't loose it :P

rewbs

The kind people at xwiki appear to have moved the wikis under my name to a separate server, which could improve performance. Can we give it another chance?