Loaded a VST as a plugin and no longer have audio in OpenMPT

Started by MohnJadden, April 18, 2020, 01:29:39

Previous topic - Next topic

MohnJadden

Utter beginner here, so thanks in advance for dealing with any mishaps or accidental omissions. 

I put together a very simple breakbeat and it sounded fine.  I wanted to have a low-pass filter on one track.  In the General tab, I went to Plugins section -> Select -> New Plugin -> navigated to the dll for GLow, the low-pass filter -> Open, then clicked on GLow and Put in FX01.  In the Effect dropdown of the channel I wanted to filter, I selected FX01. 

After doing so, I had no audio at all from OpenMPT on any of the channels that had samples playing normally before.  System audio is fine.  I futzed with the settings in GLow and in its General tab section in OpenMPT, but nothing changed.  I set Effect back to No Plugin and the issue persisted.  I saved/closed/reopened and the issue persisted.  If I start a new file, it's not affected.

Anything I did wrong here? 

jmkz

Hello, welcome to OpenMPT forum. If possible, provide an example module, and of course check for latest version of OpenMPT.

Saga Musix

Yeah, that sounds strange, and I just tried to do the same with the GLow plugin and it worked fine here. So please provide a minimal example (preferably just a module with a small sample or so and the plugin), maybe we can point out then what is wrong.
» No support, bug reports, feature requests via private messages - they will not be answered. Use the forums and the issue tracker so that everyone can benefit from your post.

MohnJadden

Sure - here's the file and VST as well.

Saga Musix

Both the plugin and sample volume has been set to 0 on the General tab, so neither instrument plugins nor samples will be heard. This is not something that should happen as a consequence of loading a plugin. Apart from that the instruments are also missing but maybe that's just a result of trimming the file down.
» No support, bug reports, feature requests via private messages - they will not be answered. Use the forums and the issue tracker so that everyone can benefit from your post.

MohnJadden

I saw those 0 markers and increased them, but there's still no sound.  I put both to the max - same result, no sound.

Saga Musix

See the last sentence of my message. It seems like some instruments are missing (maybe you tried to initialize instruments answered "no" to the question if existing samples should be  converted to instruments first), so they cannot make any sound. You can fix this by locating the song file in the left-hand tree view, expanding the "Instruments" folder and then deleting its only child. This will put the file back into sample mode, and you can hear the existing samples being played.