How to export patterns in OpenMPT with predetermined tempo?

Started by Davi 6896, March 29, 2020, 18:18:59

Previous topic - Next topic

Davi 6896

How to export patterns in OpenMPT with predetermined tempo?

Saga Musix

There are quite a few things that are not clear about this question. Do you want to export the pattern data itself (to which format?), or do you want to export the rendered audio? If it's the latter, you can choose one or more specific patterns to be exported in Stream Export. They will be exported at the normal tempo they would play in the module. Or do you expect a different tempo?
» No support, bug reports, feature requests via private messages - they will not be answered. Use the forums and the issue tracker so that everyone can benefit from your post.

Davi 6896

QuoteThere are quite a few things that are not clear about this question. Do you want to export the pattern data itself (to which format?), or do you want to export the rendered audio? If it's the latter, you can choose one or more specific patterns to be exported in Stream Export. They will be exported at the normal tempo they would play in the module. Or do you expect a different tempo?

Export to MP3 in different tempo.

Saga Musix

In the Stream Export dialog you can choose the pattern range to be exported. As said, this will use exactly the same tempo as it would if you played the whole song.
Alternatively, you can right-click a pattern item in the order list and choose "Render to Wave" (which will open exactly the same dialog but with the pattern position already filled in).
» No support, bug reports, feature requests via private messages - they will not be answered. Use the forums and the issue tracker so that everyone can benefit from your post.

Davi 6896

I played the song with normal tempo, but then I increased the tempo. But even so, when I export to MP3, it goes with the normal tempo.

Saga Musix

You will have to change the default tempo of the song then, or override the tempo directly in the pattern that you want to export (e.g. with the T command in MPTM/IT/S3M files). It is very much by design that OpenMPT exports patterns as they would appear in the song and not according to manual modifications.

Davi 6896

Saga Musix

You provide the desired tempo as a hexadecimal parameter. Please see the effect reference in the manual: https://wiki.openmpt.org/Manual:_Effect_Reference#IT_Effect_Commands

If you are new to OpenMPT and do not quite know how to enter commands in the pattern editor, please read the pattern editor manual: https://wiki.openmpt.org/Manual:_Patterns#Pattern_Editor

Davi 6896

It looks confusing. Explain to me how to change the default tempo of pattern?