GUI freezes

Started by herodotas, March 25, 2020, 08:09:27

Previous topic - Next topic

herodotas

Hi,
I'm not sure it's a bug, so I'm posting here. Few days ago I update my Windows to 10, and noticed that movement of mouse pointer over sample or instruments envelope windows freezing play markers. It's not critical, but annoying for me. In old Windows 7 all works smooth. I can't find solution yet, any advices?
life is darker than it seems

herodotas

Found a case - mouse. Thanks.

Saga Musix

When you find a solution to your problem, please always post it here so that people with a similar issue can try it, too.
» No support, bug reports, feature requests via private messages - they will not be answered. Use the forums and the issue tracker so that everyone can benefit from your post.

herodotas

Ok, this time I just change one mouse to another. 

Saga Musix

Is it possible that the old mouse was a gaming mouse with 1000 Hz refresh rate or similar? That could explain graphical slow-downs, not just in OpenMPT.
» No support, bug reports, feature requests via private messages - they will not be answered. Use the forums and the issue tracker so that everyone can benefit from your post.

herodotas

Yes, it was gaming mouse, but only on Win 10 I noticed these slow-downs. 

Saga Musix

It can be caused by many things, not necessarily the system itself but also the graphics drivers. I have heard similar stories about VirtualBox being slow for the same reason - and that was not on Windows 10. You can probably keep using your old mouse if you can make it use a lower refresh rate.

herodotas

Maybe I can keep, but don't need it very much,  my logitech also great :)