[Trip Hop] The Greatest Poems of All (YouTube)

Started by Lo Bellver, February 13, 2020, 02:24:15

Previous topic - Next topic

Lo Bellver

Hello everybody!

Here's my latest song, this time in collaboration with Texas Outlaw Poet Jeff Callaway, who wrote and recorded the lyrics. I composed the song with OpenMPT as usual, and then finished producing it with Reaper, which has become the way I produce my songs nowadays.

I also made the music video, which took me a month and a half to finish.

I hope you all enjoy both the music and the video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w_kNs6p9iao

Saga Musix

Interesting concept! However I wouldn't say it's Trip-Hop... not sure in which genre drawer to put it though. :)
» No support, bug reports, feature requests via private messages - they will not be answered. Use the forums and the issue tracker so that everyone can benefit from your post.

Lo Bellver

I don't know to which genre it belongs to either... I just used Wikipedia's definition and it seemed to "fit":

QuoteIt has been described as "a fusion of hip hop and electronica until neither genre is recognizable",[5] and may incorporate a variety of styles, including funk, dub, soul, psychedelia, R&B, and house, as well as other forms of electronic music.[6] Trip hop can be highly experimental.

If anyone knows the right genre, please let me know.

Exhale

Quote from: Lo Bellver on February 16, 2020, 23:23:09
I don't know to which genre it belongs to either... I just used Wikipedia's definition and it seemed to "fit":

If anyone knows the right genre, please let me know.
I think I would call it electronica / chill ... but yeah genres are really secondary in many cases.

LPChip

I think this is DownTempo, possibly mixed with DemoStyle, but definitely not Trip Hop. Its not aggressive enough for Trip Hop.
"Heh, maybe I should've joined the compo only because it would've meant I wouldn't have had to worry about a damn EQ or compressor for a change. " - Atlantis
"yes.. I think in this case it was wishful thinking: MPT is makng my life hard so it must be wrong" - Rewbs

Saga Musix

QuoteHere's the original OpenMPT file for this song:
Thanks for sharing! As always, it's highly appreciated.

QuoteIts not aggressive enough for Trip Hop.
Trip-Hop does not need to be "aggressive". However, it is true that Trip-Hop is a combination of Electroncia/Downtempo and Hip-Hop, and the influences of the latter are completely missing here, which is why I'd rather say it goes into the Electronica direction.
» No support, bug reports, feature requests via private messages - they will not be answered. Use the forums and the issue tracker so that everyone can benefit from your post.

LPChip

Yeah, its a tricky one this one. Maybe Electronica/Downtempo is the best classification here, :) but Downtempo almost always is electronica, so that's why I said Downtempo to begin with. And it has a bit of a DemoStyle feel to it too.
"Heh, maybe I should've joined the compo only because it would've meant I wouldn't have had to worry about a damn EQ or compressor for a change. " - Atlantis
"yes.. I think in this case it was wishful thinking: MPT is makng my life hard so it must be wrong" - Rewbs

diigitae

i don't like too much  the clip but the text and the songs are pretty cool,i like ;)

Lo Bellver

Quote from: LPChip on February 26, 2020, 17:15:05
Yeah, its a tricky one this one. Maybe Electronica/Downtempo is the best classification here, :) but Downtempo almost always is electronica, so that's why I said Downtempo to begin with. And it has a bit of a DemoStyle feel to it too.

Just to clarify, have you listened to the published song on YouTube or to the Mptm file I've uploaded here?

LPChip

Quote from: Lo Bellver on March 01, 2020, 17:35:47

Just to clarify, have you listened to the published song on YouTube or to the Mptm file I've uploaded here?
I listened to the youtube version.

Lo Bellver

Quote from: LPChip on March 01, 2020, 18:15:50
Quote from: Lo Bellver on March 01, 2020, 17:35:47

I listened to the youtube version.

Cool, the YouTube version is the finished one, the mod I uploaded is its first draft.