Melodic demo (effects test etc)

Started by apple-joe, June 05, 2006, 18:54:10

Previous topic - Next topic

apple-joe

In the spirit of L. Verona's chip/effects focus lately, I wanted to test some good old effects. I not a master yet, but I'm learning.

http://apple-joe.tripod.com/Demoing.zip

Remember, it's an experiment, created all in one this evening - some cleaning up (for sound purposes) was done after the composition itself was completed.

Are you able to find at least one part you like?

EDIT: Updated version. Quite a bit better now I think. Still some flaws probably, just haven't found them yet.

cubaxd

hi apple-joe

i like the lead sound. but there are no changes in the chords.
after a while it's too monotonous (although the variations in the lead are numerous) so i think it's not something special.

what about some transposition or a refrain?
or you could do it like in popular music:
first part - refrain - second part - refrain - solo - refrain - third part - outro
or similar ;) - this could at least keep a song interesting.
just a tip -:)

apple-joe

Thanks for your reply. Well, I have become aware of several flaws already. The lead is for some reason panned to the left, and I missed it badly with the bright strings towards the end. Gonna have a look, thanks for suggestions.

apple-joe

Please check it out. It started out as a rough demo, yet I have spent some time 'polishing' it, so it sounds somewhat better now. Still, I am interested in hearing which aspects that could be improved. It was after all created as a track to help me improve my use of effects. Point out anything, nothing is better than constructive critisizm.

Relabsoluness

It's quite difficult to check it out as, for a reason or another, the download does not work for me. It says:
"This file is hosted by ..., and is not available for download. Please check out .... Help system for more information about Remote Loading and our Remote Loading policy. "

apple-joe

"Right-click -> Save as..." - but you're right, the link seems dead. I'll re-upload.