How do you get one instrument to export to multiple midi tracks?

Started by biolizardshadow, January 15, 2020, 18:22:22

Previous topic - Next topic

biolizardshadow

I'm trying to get the piano in my song to export to separate midi tracks but whenever I export to midi it puts it all on one midi track is there a way to define this cause I never used to have this issue.

Saga Musix

Please confirm whether you mean MIDI tracks or MIDI channels (if you are not aware of the difference, you probably mean MIDI channel). Every instrument has its own MIDI track and that cannot be changed, but may be played on more than one MIDI channel depending on whether you choose a fixed channel or "any" channel in MIDI export.
» No support, bug reports, feature requests via private messages - they will not be answered. Use the forums and the issue tracker so that everyone can benefit from your post.

biolizardshadow

I'm talking about getting one exporting one module instrument to multiple MIDI tracks; for example, if you have three piano notes playing and you want each sequence of notes (that would be each note on its own channel in the module) to be exported as multiple separate MIDI tracks instead of one.

Saga Musix

That cannot be changed, however you could export the module by using the "MIDI channel: any" mode for that instrument,  take your favourite MIDI editor and split the individual MIDI channels into separate MIDI tracks.
» No support, bug reports, feature requests via private messages - they will not be answered. Use the forums and the issue tracker so that everyone can benefit from your post.

biolizardshadow