How to Play Back Through MIDI Gear?!

Started by XD3l, January 09, 2020, 04:41:25

Previous topic - Next topic

XD3l

So I have my MicroKorg + XL connected to my Tablet with the MIDI in and out cabled connected proper. I can do MIDI record just fine, but no matter how often I play with the settings I can not get MIDI out to do anything at all.

I read a post from 2011 that said I need to use TobyBear's VST2MID but the link in that thread was dead, and thus far searching for it on Google has yielded no fruit.

So here I am in 2020, asking how it is that I go about getting MIDI out to cooperate.

Thankx in advance!

EDIT: The forum thread I was referring to above.

https://forum.openmpt.org/index.php?topic=4516.msg37025#msg37025

EDIT 2: I found the built in MIDI Plugin, though now I can output, but not record from MIDI. In fact when I first tried to set it up, it said my MIDI Device was already in use because I had MIDI Record set to ON. I turned it off, set things up, but now when I turn MIDI Record ON I get a settings menu, but MIDI Record no longer works.

Saga Musix

Most MIDI device drivers in Windows can only be opened once at a time, so either you open your device for recording via the MIDI record button, or you open it through the MIDI I/O Plugin. You cannot have both at the same time for the same MIDI device, and there is no need to most of the time. This may be changed in the future but it's a lot of work. That being said, you can simply not choose any input the device in the MIDI I/O plugin. You only need to choose an output device if you want to use it for MIDI output.
» No support, bug reports, feature requests via private messages - they will not be answered. Use the forums and the issue tracker so that everyone can benefit from your post.