[VGM] sun+glasses (.mp3) my first song

Started by mrsandman, December 08, 2019, 19:35:14

Previous topic - Next topic

mrsandman

Hey fellas, I made this with OpenMPT. Had to learn a bunch of stuff to get something listenable. And even then, there's so much more one can learn and do with this software. Sheesh, talk about intimidating...

Well, the version of MPT I have came with a sample song called "GameTheme" by one WouterVL. It had a tempo style that I wanted to use. also, I still don't know how to make samples that sound great, so I just took the samples from his track :P
Something that comes to mind when I listwen to it is that the track is very short. I don't know how to make it any longer without turning it into something completely different, so I just looped it once and called it a day. Very lazy if I do say so myself.

Anyways, I'd love to listen to any feedback about the track. If there are any tips or suggestions you'd like to throw at me let them come! It's basically the reason I'm posting it here.

Cheers, and thanks for listening.

monsterovich

Exhale

Had a listen: it's great for a first tune... chip tune thing, reminds me of one of the dos games I used to play for some reason... I think it would fit perfectly in a driving dos game :)

mrsandman

Quote from: Exhale on January 05, 2020, 06:55:04
Had a listen: it's great for a first tune... chip tune thing, reminds me of one of the dos games I used to play for some reason... I think it would fit perfectly in a driving dos game :)

Damn, a driving game? Haha, I would love to see a track made by me on something like that. Something like an Outrun game. Thanks so much for the listen! appreaciate it.