base site online for mod files? library

Started by kit beats, December 06, 2019, 08:56:30

Previous topic - Next topic

kit beats

hey hello there wondering is there a online mod files library with chiptunes free to use?

(shared files)

could'nt find november rain from gun's & roses but i know its somewehere that's why my question.

best regards,
"get the piece sounding pristine." - KrazyKats
..Like this one, definatly got the Sam Zen
individuality in it... - Asharin

Saga Musix

You can filter modules by license on the Mod Archive, but keep in mind that most files on the site don't have a specific license set, which means that you cannot just go ahead and take any module you like and use it for something. Trying to find a free-to-use cover of a commercial song is of course even a more complex topic legally speaking because even if someone e.g. released such a cover under a CC-BY license, this might be legally questionable due to the original musicians' rights to that song.
» No support, bug reports, feature requests via private messages - they will not be answered. Use the forums and the issue tracker so that everyone can benefit from your post.

kit beats

Thank you for the reply Saga Musix, yeah it's private use.
But i forgot what you say license ofcourse. Keep it legal 100%

Thanks again for the message i understand now.
Best regards

Saga Musix

Quote from: kit beats on December 06, 2019, 13:27:47
But i forgot what you say license ofcourse.
I am confused now. You said "free to use", which means to me that you want to use them for something else rather than just listening to them (for which you obviously don't need a license). What exactly are you after now - simply an online library of modules, or do you need modules that are free-to-use in a project such as a game?
» No support, bug reports, feature requests via private messages - they will not be answered. Use the forums and the issue tracker so that everyone can benefit from your post.

kit beats

Hey Saga Musix,

Sorry. Yes also is there a librarary? free to use? that would be awesome cus i really love to listen.

Thanks in advance for the connect.
Best regards,

LPChip

Well, that still does not make it clear what you want... Do you wish to use these songs in a project that you are making? Yes, or no?
"Heh, maybe I should've joined the compo only because it would've meant I wouldn't have had to worry about a damn EQ or compressor for a change. " - Atlantis
"yes.. I think in this case it was wishful thinking: MPT is makng my life hard so it must be wrong" - Rewbs