[Chip] Clouds on my sky (mod)

Started by markie, June 03, 2006, 11:46:43

Previous topic - Next topic

markie

My first attempt to make a chiptune.. feel free too comment :)

LINK

CrazyAznGamer

Not bad.
Normalize your samples.
The percussion is a bit crowded. Your bass, however, does a better job of keeping that beat movin'. Look into patterns 13 and 21. The patterns before them had simple percussion, but as you move into more "complex" rhythms in 13 and 21, you lose a lot of the beat definition. In 17-11 as well. Sample 4 is placed so that the piece feels moving forward at that stage, but sample 5 could be cleaned up in these parts.
I really like everything else about the song, it seems. :D

AppO

I like this track : powerfull and melodic. Good cheap stuff.

Keep on tracking.

AppO
The Humble Craftsman aka Viktor Ugo-Appas aka Jolimelodia

Louigi Verona

I liked the ending part. The rest, imho, was a little bizzare, you know - not really going anywhere.

LPChip

I can hear this is your first :)

Nontheless, you have some great parts and cohesion.

The tune is nice, but nothing special, but thats logical since its your first.

To give you some advice you can do something with:

There are several sub-genres inside the chiptune genre.

demostyle, happy-crappy, core and ballad. (maybe more, but this is what I could think of.)

This style is a bit happy-crappy, but not entirelly. also some demostyle influences.

happy-crappy
usually written at parties when drunk etc. Very happy tune, but if you give it a close listen, it just sucks :P often used in trainers/cracks.

demostyle
when made, its the artists intention to make it as awesome as possible. Usually not very happy, but tries to give you the WOW feeling.

core
I'd say, this is the evolved version of demostyle, and more into hardcore. Usually more complex rythmes, with a static bass. Can be compared with drum'n'base I guess.

ballad
These songs are slower, with a more classical theme. The artist tries to express his sad feelings here.
"Heh, maybe I should've joined the compo only because it would've meant I wouldn't have had to worry about a damn EQ or compressor for a change. " - Atlantis
"yes.. I think in this case it was wishful thinking: MPT is makng my life hard so it must be wrong" - Rewbs

markie

thanks for the tips guys.. I'd like to learn more about chipmusic but haven't been able to talk to anybody before this.  

1. How can a make my own chip "sound" samples? easy/hard?
2. Where can I download samples?

:)

LPChip

There's a link to a blog made by Louigy Verona, in the general chatter forum. I'd suggest to read it. It is nice to see how he discovers chip music.
"Heh, maybe I should've joined the compo only because it would've meant I wouldn't have had to worry about a damn EQ or compressor for a change. " - Atlantis
"yes.. I think in this case it was wishful thinking: MPT is makng my life hard so it must be wrong" - Rewbs