[SPEEDCORE] ?__y5+souNdbug*swap.i684 (10MB MPTM/MP3/12.3 MB WAV) (684 BPM)

Started by donnaken15, October 04, 2019, 01:50:06

Previous topic - Next topic

donnaken15

>>> download / play MP3 <<<
>>> download WAV <<<
>>> download mod <<<

also a submission for SKRD!!!

also called "Happiness Is Not An Emotion"

voice samples taken from Marilyn Manson's Dead to the World VHS backstage

cover art:

play with tracker view:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JxkACyeHi10
- Wesley

LPChip

Are you really sure this is 684 BPM? 400 BPM is already so fast it can't be called music anymore, 684 seems it might be a wrong number and possibly is more like 342 BPM? Which already is insanely fast.

I'm at work, so I can't check the video by sound, but if I look at the video by image, it says a tempo of 342 with a tick count of 12. Given that normal tick count is 6, and this is double, it would make each beat twice as slow, so it is more likely 171 BPM.
"Heh, maybe I should've joined the compo only because it would've meant I wouldn't have had to worry about a damn EQ or compressor for a change. " - Atlantis
"yes.. I think in this case it was wishful thinking: MPT is makng my life hard so it must be wrong" - Rewbs

donnaken15

Quote from: LPChip on October 04, 2019, 07:28:50
Are you really sure this is 684 BPM? 400 BPM is already so fast it can't be called music anymore, 684 seems it might be a wrong number and possibly is more like 342 BPM? Which already is insanely fast.

I'm at work, so I can't check the video by sound, but if I look at the video by image, it says a tempo of 342 with a tick count of 12. Given that normal tick count is 6, and this is double, it would make each beat twice as slow, so it is more likely 171 BPM.

well I tried to make it 684, but apparently tempos over 512 aren't allowed so I had to double the amount of rows per measure or whatever it is

also since SKRD had the rule of making it only 300 to 900 bpm, I wanted to go overkill with it so
- Wesley

donnaken15

Quote from: donnaken15 on October 04, 2019, 15:39:42

and the ticks per row are what they are for this because I was unsure if it was having effect on the speed or if it was doing what it's supposed to right or anything else
- Wesley

herodotas

life is darker than it seems

LPChip

They have effect, but slowed it down. I'm now at home and the BPM is definitely 171 BPM.
"Heh, maybe I should've joined the compo only because it would've meant I wouldn't have had to worry about a damn EQ or compressor for a change. " - Atlantis
"yes.. I think in this case it was wishful thinking: MPT is makng my life hard so it must be wrong" - Rewbs

donnaken15

Quote from: herodotas on October 04, 2019, 16:44:28
Total shitcore. :o Do you like this track yourself?

I looked back at it a few times over the days since I made it thinking it's meh most of the time, but I'll find myself jamming to the beat sometimes or hearing all the notes retrigger at different pitches and dancing to it :/

update (6:11)
Given that normal tick count is 6, and this is double, it would make each beat twice as slow, so it is more likely 171 BPM.

They have effect, but slowed it down.
just fired up MPT and set ticks to 3 and 6 and it sounds the same
(except apparently the last sample changed it's speed?)
- Wesley

LPChip

It might be possible that your pc can't handle the insane speeds. Try setting the tempo itself to a low value, then change the ticks to see how it speeds up, then increase the tempo bit by bit until it stops going faster.

Saga Musix

This is at least the second time I see this. If you have nothing constructive to say, then please just don't write anything. Even if you don't like it (or just say "I don't like it"), your taste in music is not objective. Someone else may enjoy it. There is no need to make the author feel bad for what they did just because you don't like the result.

QuoteIt might be possible that your pc can't handle the insane speeds. Try setting the tempo itself to a low value, then change the ticks to see how it speeds up, then increase the tempo bit by bit until it stops going faster.
If OpenMPT couldn't keep up with the render speed it would start dropping out and not play the song at a lower speed ::)

Your suggestion doesn't do anything because the song uses modern tempo mode. However, if you look at the patterns and compare the audible result, you will see that there is a beat on every 16th row while the tempo is set to 8 rows per beat, so it is correct that the perceived BPM is effectively half of the specified tempo, i.e. 171 BPM.
» No support, bug reports, feature requests via private messages - they will not be answered. Use the forums and the issue tracker so that everyone can benefit from your post.

herodotas

Quote from: Saga Musix on October 08, 2019, 10:08:26

This is at least the second time I see this. If you have nothing constructive to say, then please just don't write anything. Even if you don't like it (or just say "I don't like it"), your taste in music is not objective. Someone else may enjoy it. There is no need to make the author feel bad for what they did just because you don't like the result.
It is not insult, shitcore is a genre if you dont know https://www.noisewiki.com/wiki/index.php/Shitcore.
Lets go deep in it and make Shit(core) compo maybe. ;)

Saga Musix

Thanks for clearing that up. Genres are weird.... Still, it looked a bit strange with the question next to it. I'd assume that people enjoy what they do unless they do it solely for the money. ;D
» No support, bug reports, feature requests via private messages - they will not be answered. Use the forums and the issue tracker so that everyone can benefit from your post.

herodotas

Question is in place there, because it's very hard to become listener of shitcore, producer way is more easy. ;D