Repeat notes on hold only when recording enabled

Started by jugger, August 22, 2019, 10:44:15

Previous topic - Next topic

jugger

Hi,

For some reason, if I have enabled "Repeat notes on hold", it repeats them even if the recording is not enabled so that the keyjamming becomes impossible when pattern editor is focused. Is there a way to have it enabled only when the recording is active in the pattern editor(entering notes to the editor), as in most of the other trackers?

Saga Musix

No, there is no such thing at the moment. I guess it might make sense to disable repeating under two conditions:
- Recording to pattern is disabled
- Edit step is set to 0

I'll see if this can be done easily.
» No support, bug reports, feature requests via private messages - they will not be answered. Use the forums and the issue tracker so that everyone can benefit from your post.

Saga Musix

Okay, I had a look at this. OpenMPT r11930 / version 1.29.00.25 (downloadable from https://builds.openmpt.org/builds/ within the next few hours) modifies the behaviour as described in my previous post: If recording is disabled, or the edit step is 0, repeated notes are ignored. I hope this works for you now as intended. Some feedback would be appreciated.
» No support, bug reports, feature requests via private messages - they will not be answered. Use the forums and the issue tracker so that everyone can benefit from your post.

jugger

Thanks! Tried it out and seems to be working as intended.

Saga Musix

Okay, great, the change isn't too big so it will be backported to the next OpenMPT 1.28 version as well.