Maybe it's time I said hello?

Started by rchrdcrg, August 16, 2019, 13:02:22

Previous topic - Next topic

rchrdcrg

Hello! I can't believe I don't interact with this community more... I've been tracking with MPT since 1998 and was around on TraxInSpace and OCRemix and MP3.com. I'm pretty much a nobody in any scene, but my stuff sure seems to resonate with a select few. If you remember anything by cragman, Nomadius, Auracil (or was it Aurasil?), or rimco (geezez those are all so bad!), that's all me  ;D
These days it's just rchrdcrg because... whatever, it's better than those others! If you're curious where I've come from and where I'm going, I have a YouTube channel, and I will probably have some new content up very soon including not only the newest stuff but also some of my earliest stuff from 1999 that's been lost for ages. Check it out if you like at youtube.com/rchrdcrg.

Anyway, yeah! Hello! Would love to bump into anyone else from that era who I may remember!

LPChip

Hello rchrdcrg,

Your nickname is hard to pronounce, if one were to add vowels, which one would be placed where, or am I guessing your real name then? I can puzzle a Richard C. in there... Richard Craig maybe :nuts:
"Heh, maybe I should've joined the compo only because it would've meant I wouldn't have had to worry about a damn EQ or compressor for a change. " - Atlantis
"yes.. I think in this case it was wishful thinking: MPT is makng my life hard so it must be wrong" - Rewbs

rchrdcrg

Quote from: LPChip on August 16, 2019, 14:31:26
Hello rchrdcrg,

Your nickname is hard to pronounce, if one were to add vowels, which one would be placed where, or am I guessing your real name then? I can puzzle a Richard C. in there... Richard Craig maybe :nuts:

Spot on, my friend! I think you're the first person I didn't already know who figured it out!

herodotas

life is darker than it seems

rchrdcrg

Quote from: herodotas on August 16, 2019, 19:51:56
Your channel is terrible.
Thanks for the constructive criticism? I mean you could at least say why if you're gonna flame me outta nowhere just for saying hello.

rchrdcrg

Quote from: herodotas on August 16, 2019, 19:51:56
Your channel is terrible.
Is this indicative of the community here? If so, maybe I shouldn't bother saying hello...

herodotas

Nothing personal, you promote your youtube channel here, I just say my opinion like consumer. I'm not a community, but this forum not about gaming.

LPChip

It is definitely not the view of the entire community. I'm myself a bit surprised by this post.
"Heh, maybe I should've joined the compo only because it would've meant I wouldn't have had to worry about a damn EQ or compressor for a change. " - Atlantis
"yes.. I think in this case it was wishful thinking: MPT is makng my life hard so it must be wrong" - Rewbs

rchrdcrg

Quote from: herodotas on August 16, 2019, 20:13:25
Nothing personal, you promote your youtube channel here, I just say my opinion like consumer. I'm not a community, but this forum not about gaming.
If you had taken more than ten seconds to look, you would have found my music. Sorry for it being so disorganized, for sure it's a mess of a channel, but there's definitely plenty of music!

Saga Musix

herodotas' reaction is certainly not representative of our community. Welcome back!
PS: If you haven't done so already, I'd recommend uploading old tracked stuff to sites like ModArchive.org - that's certainly more appropriate for mod music sharing than YouTube.
» No support, bug reports, feature requests via private messages - they will not be answered. Use the forums and the issue tracker so that everyone can benefit from your post.

herodotas

Ok, sorry, but if OP put youtube channel adress in first post, he want feedback IMO, and I give it. If I dont like thing, I never say WOW for. And repeat again: NOTHING PERSONAL.

Saga Musix

It's not about the opinion, but how it's presented. "Your channel is terrible" isn't constructive feedback - what is the person supposed to learn from that? Tell them what is terrible and why, and maybe how they could improve it. Otherwise it's a pretty useless comment.

(^ meta comment. this tells you how you could have improved your response rather than just saying "I didn't like your reply".)
» No support, bug reports, feature requests via private messages - they will not be answered. Use the forums and the issue tracker so that everyone can benefit from your post.

rchrdcrg

Quote from: Saga Musix on August 17, 2019, 01:19:00
herodotas' reaction is certainly not representative of our community. Welcome back!
PS: If you haven't done so already, I'd recommend uploading old tracked stuff to sites like ModArchive.org - that's certainly more appropriate for mod music sharing than YouTube.
I'm actually working on that as we speak, but I haven't written pure tracker songs in quite some time. There's a Doom remix I did ages ago on OCRemix that I've uploaded the original .IT to ModArchive... just waiting for approval now. If you wanna go ahead and check it out, try https://drive.google.com/file/d/1VgGB0Z5h4u5h0_A-_1t3cdU848bDROFl/view?usp=sharing